MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Request a Course Waiver goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 1 06-20-2010 09:01 PM
TRIPLE Minor? britb Academics 17 06-18-2010 04:52 PM
Triple Rooms & Co-ed? Sweetie321 Residence & Housing 27 03-19-2009 06:06 PM
Triple Rooms in Residence Jayuna Residence & Housing 2 07-04-2008 08:18 PM

Triple Room Request

Old 05-25-2008 at 11:33 AM   #1
omzar

Liked: 0 Times

Triple Room Request
i have two friends with whom i want to share a dorm room with but when applying for residence on https://resapp.mcmaster.ca/, you are only allowed to put one other person's student id number. What should i do to guarantee that we end up in the same room? dead line is may 28th, and i've already e-mailed mcmaster a few days back but they still havn't responded. Thanks
Old 05-25-2008 at 11:45 AM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I don't think you're allowed to choose more than one person to bunk with. Also, are you sure you want to be living in the same room with your friends? This is something you need to think carefully about. At first it's all fun and games but eventually you see their habits. It's not like in a house where you all have your own rooms the three of you will be sharing the same room. You will constantly see them. It's comforting to know that your friends are nearby and living in the same residence would be awesome but same room gets a bit iffier. But back to your original question I don't think you can choose more than one other person. however, I highly recommend that you call Housing & Conference Services to be certain.
Old 05-25-2008 at 01:01 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

There options now where you can request to room with more than one other individual. But, you need to contact Housing & Conference Services in order to do so. Since the deadline is only a few days away, I would suggest calling H&CS in order to make sure your application goes in on time.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-25-2008 at 02:52 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

As Nicole said, having friends in other rooms or other residences is good cause you can hang out at their place when you need to and its always nice to see your friends in classes and for lunch since there's lots to talk about, but once you live with them you're seeing them a lot more frequently and it can sometimes hurt friendships rather than strengthen them if you become annoyed by their living habits.