MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Faculty and Program Series Part Eight: Faculty of Engineering Saleha Faculty & Program Series 0 09-15-2009 12:31 AM
Faculty and Program Series Part Six: The Faculty of Health Sciences saukalra Faculty & Program Series 6 09-07-2009 10:56 PM
Faculty and Program Series Part One: The Faculty of Social Science lorend Faculty & Program Series 4 09-01-2009 09:09 AM

Faculty Of Engineering

Old 05-17-2011 at 06:35 PM   #61
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Lol elec eng is 4 so that lots of people come in so the big chunk that fails doesnt affect class size by much :p

RyanC likes this.
Old 05-18-2011 at 10:04 AM   #62
nanotech471

Liked: 11 Times

Good morning everyone I have another question. Are any of the engineering programs honour programs? For example, Bachelor of Engineering Physics Honours.
Old 05-18-2011 at 11:09 AM   #63
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotech471 View Post
Good morning everyone I have another question. Are any of the engineering programs honour programs? For example, Bachelor of Engineering Physics Honours.
Yup, and I quote,

"All programs have limitations on enrolment. Students are admitted to the program following successful completion of Engineering I. Admission procedures and criteria can be obtained from the Office of the Associate Dean of Engineering. The B.Eng., B.Eng.Biosciences, B.Eng.Mgt. and B.Eng.Society programs are honours degree programs."

Here's the source:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...12/pg1195.html
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:25 AM   #64
nanotech471

Liked: 11 Times

Do we use autoCAD in engineering I and later in engineering physics?
Old 05-21-2011 at 09:46 AM   #65
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
There are other CAD programs that are used, but there is some degree of CAD in most engineering. I'm not sure what program they used this year, and next year, but in my year we used SolidEdge.

I don't know anything about eng phys, but you will encounter PSPICE (or something similar) for circuit design, as well as MATLAB scripts and subprograms that help you in various aspects (doesn't even depend on the faculty).
Old 05-21-2011 at 12:01 PM   #66
Talon89

Quote:
You will use a program called, Autodesk Inventor in first year for 3D modeling. I don't know much about engineering physics either, but I'll ask some friends. As wild guess though, it probably depends on what stream you plan on specializing in. I could see it being used in things like mechatronics/nano-tech, but on the other hand, you probably wouldn't see it in photonics or nuclear.
Old 05-21-2011 at 04:56 PM   #67
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

mechanical uses inventor alot
Old 06-13-2011 at 01:48 PM   #68
aznsensation

Liked: 21 Times

Hello everyone. I have a lot questions so please bear with me. What courses should I take first year if I know that I already want to get into the Civil Engineering and Society program? Are there any specific prerequisites I need to take? And lastly, is this program even worth taking? I'm so confused about all of these courses that I need to take.

-Albert Einstein
Old 06-13-2011 at 02:07 PM   #69
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

There's a few of us in that program. If you want, PM me and I can answer those questions pretty had core!
Old 06-13-2011 at 03:19 PM   #70
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Just to let everyone know, if you know what you want to get into YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PREREQUISITES, with the exception of management which requires ECON 1B03. However, if you want to minor or at least have an interest in something those 6 units in first ear are helpful. For example I know some civil and society who are asking as many geo courses as possible.
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:09 PM   #71
aznsensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
Just to let everyone know, if you know what you want to get into YOU DON'T HAVE ANY PREREQUISITES, with the exception of management which requires ECON 1B03. However, if you want to minor or at least have an interest in something those 6 units in first ear are helpful. For example I know some civil and society who are asking as many geo courses as possible.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I think I'll take geo courses as well then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
There's a few of us in that program. If you want, PM me and I can answer those questions pretty had core!
Thanks for offering help. BTW, how do I PM you? Kind of a big noob with forum stuff

-Albert Einstein
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:14 PM   #72
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsensation View Post
Thanks for offering help. BTW, how do I PM you? Kind of a big noob with forum stuff
Enjoy :

Yea I'm really bored..
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:15 PM   #73
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsensation View Post
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I think I'll take geo courses as well then.
Iunno, if you're interested in geo then take them, but electives should be one of two things: either mark boosters, or courses you're genuinely interested in. Personally, I was pretty dead-set on going into civil when I came here too, and now I'm not at all. As boring as first year is at times because it's so general, I will say it really helps you figure out where your interests lie.

On the other hand though, taking geo courses could help reinforce whether you do/don't like civil enough to pursue it. Just keep your options open.
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:45 PM   #74
aznsensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post
Enjoy : Yea I'm really bored..
Thanks for the tutorial.

-Albert Einstein
Old 06-20-2011 at 11:04 AM   #75
Talon89

Also, join up: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...615825094&ap=1