MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mosaic saying course is required even tho. its no longer required justicebeaver Academics 4 06-06-2015 11:37 PM
Failing an elective KayS Academics 13 04-11-2014 02:43 PM
Anyone know what gpa is required to transfer to ryerson or york uni sally First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-11-2013 12:23 PM
What GPA is required to transfer into economics sally First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 05-10-2013 01:37 PM
Failing help jigga_man Academics 2 12-07-2011 06:15 PM

Failing A Course that May or May Not Be Required to Transfer

Old 12-13-2016 at 03:03 PM   #1
nano

Liked: 0 Times

Failing A Course that May or May Not Be Required to Transfer
I'm planning to transfer from UofT Life Sci to Mac Life Sci for second year, but unfortunately I fear I may have failed first year physics. I was checking the academic calendar for Mac and it said that the physics equivalent is not required until the end of Level III but is recommended to be finished in Level I as I need it as a prerequisite for BIOLOGY 2A03. Would I still be able transfer and take the physics equivalent as a second year to Mac and then take BIOLOGY 2A03 in second semester or would I be rejected because of this? Thank you.
Old 12-13-2016 at 10:31 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Yes you can do that. I don't even understand why Bio 2A03 has that physics requirement. The only physics concepts you talk about in Bio 2A03 are related to voltages, which is not even covered in Physics 1A03.
Old 12-13-2016 at 10:34 PM   #3
Imperious

On second thought, if you failed physics I don't know how competitive your GPA would be to transfer.
Old 12-14-2016 at 12:43 PM   #4
nano

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperious View Post
On second thought, if you failed physics I don't know how competitive your GPA would be to transfer.
My other grades are fine, but I thought the admissions board only takes an average of the courses that were transferred over and uses that, because physics won't transfer over.
Old 12-14-2016 at 06:56 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano View Post
My other grades are fine, but I thought the admissions board only takes an average of the courses that were transferred over and uses that, because physics won't transfer over.
I don't know about that. By that logic, you could fail 9 of 10 courses and get A+ in the tenth, and then say you'll get in, no problem.

Your best bet is to contact someone from the school.
Old 12-15-2016 at 12:33 AM   #6
Imperious

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano View Post
I think you're misunderstanding the "eligibility for transfer credit" policy. If a course doesn't get transferred over for credit because the mark is not high enough, it doesn't mean that it's not included in your admission average.

starfish likes this.