MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failing an elective Nort Academics 4 12-11-2010 11:26 AM
Failing out first semester Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 12-07-2010 09:41 PM
failing a class Jackxer0 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 11-21-2010 11:32 AM
What is a failing mark? Cassandraa87 Academics 4 01-10-2010 12:04 AM
Failing Midterms resh.jyoti Academics 23 11-16-2009 02:28 PM

Failing help

Old 12-07-2011 at 05:27 PM   #1
jigga_man

Liked: 0 Times

Failing help
ok so im probably gonna fail a required course and its not offered in the summer so i was wondering if i do fail will i have to repeat my whole second year again?? i passed everything else except this one damn course
Old 12-07-2011 at 06:09 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga_man View Post
ok so im probably gonna fail a required course and its not offered in the summer so i was wondering if i do fail will i have to repeat my whole second year again?? i passed everything else except this one damn course
You won't need to repeat courses that you passed...so no, you won't have to repeat your whole second year. You won't be able to take any courses that have the failed course as a prereq until you pass it. In some cases, programs require you to pass certain courses and/or a certain number of units to move on to the next level, so you should check that out with an academic advisor for your program (or the course calendar), but I don't think that is too common.
Old 12-07-2011 at 06:15 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga_man View Post
You can take third year (or other second year courses required for your degree) so long as their prerequisites don't consist of the one you failed. You have to do the failed course again, and if other courses require that failed course, you're just essentially delayed in graducation. Chances are, the course you failed isn't that big of a deal. However, I do have a few courses in my undergraduate degree that if failed, will set me back a whole semester because 2 or 3 require that course.

tldr: nbd, whats did you 'fail'