MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failing ECON 2X03 shaziah Academics 4 07-18-2010 03:48 PM
Currently failing physiology.. any help or tips or comments? mcm2 Academics 20 04-23-2010 09:20 PM
What is a failing mark? Cassandraa87 Academics 4 01-10-2010 12:04 AM
3 midterms in one day supaguy46 Academics 7 01-22-2009 09:33 PM
Failing Math 1Z04. Not so bad? Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 54 12-18-2008 04:57 PM

Failing Midterms

Old 11-16-2009 at 08:27 AM   #16
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

if you want to ace your exam buy or download this book, "Organic Chemistry as a Second Language I" itll help you with the organic chemistry section of your exam like crazy, ull likely ace that part...as for the physical chemistry id advise you do study like RIGHT NOW get a study group or something. and isnt it if you do well on ur exam it covers one of the midterm? if so you'll have an ever higher chance of passing, as long as u start studyin for the exam! NOW!
Old 11-16-2009 at 08:39 AM   #17
Inferno

Liked: 24 Times

@OP: Btw, if you drop Chem 1A03, you won't be able to take 1AA3 next semester, since it's a prerequisite. Just a heads up, as you would most likely need to do 1A03 and 1AA3 in the summer, if you choose to drop now. As well, the 2nd midterm is only worth 15%.

@ReDorkulateD: There's no orgo this semester (1A03). That's for 1AA3.

Last edited by Inferno : 11-16-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-16-2009 at 10:30 AM   #18
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

I checked your profile, and if you are still planning on going into Psychology, I wouldn't worry about not having the chem 1aa3 second semester. You just need Chem 1A03 by the end of second year. You can take it in the summer or next year. Focus on your other courses.http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/psy...aduate/BSc.pdf Make sure you have everything else covered. Maybe take an elective next semester to boost your average.
Good luck!

resh.jyoti says thanks to taylojl for this post.
Old 11-16-2009 at 11:39 AM   #19
resh.jyoti

Liked: 29 Times

THANKS SO MUCH YOU GUYS!

So, basically, there's no Chem 1A03 next semester, so I'd have to take it in the summer at another uni (pass/fail) or here (%), or because my program allows it, i could take it next year altogether.... correct?

BUT, what happens to the 3 credits less that i have for this semester by dropping the course? (ie. i have 27 credits now, this semester...) Am i still eligible for a 2nd year program?
Old 11-16-2009 at 12:12 PM   #20
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

I overloaded in my first year. I had changed my mind on which program i wanted to go into, so i talked to the associate dean and she gave me special permission to take the extra prerequisite second semester.
Old 11-16-2009 at 12:59 PM   #21
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by resh.jyoti View Post
So, basically, there's no Chem 1A03 next semester, so I'd have to take it in the summer at another uni (pass/fail) or here (%), or because my program allows it, i could take it next year altogether.... correct?
No Chem 1A03 is only offered in first semester and in the summer. So you will have to wait until the summer unless you want to take the course through an online/distance ed. class. Universities like Athabasca specialize in it and they are quite good (did one this past summer). You can view the pre-approved list of courses here You will have to fill out a letter of permission and submit it to the associate deans office for approval.

Quote:
BUT, what happens to the 3 credits less that i have for this semester by dropping the course? (ie. i have 27 credits now, this semester...) Am i still eligible for a 2nd year program?
If you do not fulfill all of the requirements for entry into the 2nd year program you can shadow it. This means that you are enrolling all of the courses that you would have to take if you were actually in the program. Then in 3rd year after you have satisfied all of the requirements you can be placed into it.
Old 11-16-2009 at 01:07 PM   #22
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Hi,
Are you sure they have one next semester, because the master timetable doesnt show it... :S....:'(
Its listed as an evening class if I'm not mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it does exist. I have a friend who's taking it, I'll try to get more details from him.
Old 11-16-2009 at 01:31 PM   #23
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
Its listed as an evening class if I'm not mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it does exist. I have a friend who's taking it, I'll try to get more details from him.
No. I think you are thinking about Chem 1R03 which is introductory chemistry.
Old 11-16-2009 at 02:06 PM   #24
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
No. I think you are thinking about Chem 1R03 which is introductory chemistry.
Oh, that could be possible. My mistake if so.
Old 11-16-2009 at 02:28 PM   #25
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Regardless how difficult it is, I really do think you should TRY to give your all from here on in..taking courses in summer is no fun at all..(and im speaking with passing all my courses in 1st yr eng) I just got lucky since I did the entire course and found it ez..

Talk to your Prof and ask him/her for advice..talk to TAs..work with students..communicati on is the key to success in university..not only will you do well but have a lot more fun too! (this is why im enjoyin 2yr more than my first year)

Dont lose hope