MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Okay, so I feel like an idiot.. Olivia. First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 30 03-08-2010 11:15 PM
How many hours of sleep per night do you need to feel refreshed? Kathy2 General Discussion 32 12-13-2009 05:28 PM
Feel sad :( Don't know anyone Myaccount Residence & Housing 31 09-11-2009 09:24 PM

I feel so helpless. Please help.

Old 07-13-2008 at 09:17 PM   #1
sad cypress

Liked: 0 Times

I feel so helpless. Please help.
So today I went to check on my OSAP status on MUGSI and was very happy to see that it said the application is now completed.
So I stroll down and find out that under entilement, everything is $0.
I feel so helpless and afraid as I really need this OSAP to pay for my tuition.
What should I do? Is there anything I can do?
Is this application finalized now and does it actually mean that I get nothing?
I don't know what to do. Please help me.
Old 07-13-2008 at 09:33 PM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

You can go talk to the student financial aid office to double-check if there is anything.

If not, you can always try to go to your bank and get a line-of-credit or some sort of loan. That's what I'm doing now.
Old 07-13-2008 at 09:53 PM   #3
joset2

u can appeal with OSAP. The reason osap rejects you might be because
1) high parental income ....
2) high personal income ( I dnt think this is common)
3) bad creidt history or any pending settelments.

make sure u check again and see if it is 0.
Old 07-13-2008 at 10:28 PM   #4
sad cypress

That's weird. None of them apply to me so I don't think there's any reasons as to why they would reject me.
I even called the financial office and checked if they got my application and supplementary stuff and they said it's all fine.
I will try calling the office tomorrow.
I'm just so shocked. I was 100% certain that I'd get at least some OSAP loans and now I see this $0 as a total entitlement, I just don't know how to react.
It says it's updated on last wednesday, which was the 9th of July.
I went to OSAP site and see if the chart is filled out now but it's still empty.
On the payment agreement, under OSAP application, it says it is 'pending'.
Everything says something different and I don't know what to refer to anymore.
Just hoping it's some kind of mistake.

Last edited by sad cypress : 07-13-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-14-2008 at 12:01 AM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

If multiple sources are telling you different things (ie. their page says one thing, payment agreement says another, mugsi says something else, etc).. the best thing to do is call them and speak to a staff member. Usually you'll get a useful answer and they'll tell you the right amount. Don't e-mail, phoning is better and more direct. If it's busy, keep trying in 10 minute intervals.

The office will open this morning (its 1am right now on Monday). So just try around 9am. (905) 525-9140 ext. 24319
Old 07-14-2008 at 12:11 AM   #6
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

uh oh, i just realized i didn't return my OSAP application forms yet...
the deadline is july 15, is it okay if it's a little late :|, considering i'm sending em by mail.. or do they have to be there by july 15 ? :|
Old 07-14-2008 at 12:26 AM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

My guess is if the deadline is July 15 then they are now overdue. You'd have to have them received by the 15th or postdated.

Could phone and see if they can give an extension.
Old 07-14-2008 at 12:29 AM   #8
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

maybe i'll go hand them in, personally .. mhm
thanks for the info
Old 07-14-2008 at 02:38 PM   #9
sad cypress

So I called them and they said it was still pending.
I don't know why the heck it says on Mugsi that it is completed and has the chart and everything.
I wonder if anyone's got their entitlement yet??
But thank god. I was even thinking of borrowing money from the bank, for god's sake!