MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many hours of sleep per night do you need to feel refreshed? Kathy2 General Discussion 32 12-13-2009 05:28 PM
Feel sad :( Don't know anyone Myaccount Residence & Housing 31 09-11-2009 09:24 PM
I feel so helpless. Please help. sad cypress General Discussion 8 07-14-2008 02:38 PM

Okay, so I feel like an idiot..

Old 03-08-2010 at 05:57 PM   #1
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

Okay, so I feel like an idiot..
Er, when I got my acceptance letter with the application for my Mac ID, I assumed that what they meant by sending them "an original passport photo"..well, was a real passport photo. And of course, I went to the mall, got a stupid serial killer picture, and only AFTER mailing it in do I realize that I could have avoided having a completely retarted photo on my ID for all of university. Great. We should contact the registrar office and tell them to specify.. we ARE allowed to smile!
haha oh frig I feel like a complete tard. :p

Old 03-08-2010 at 06:05 PM   #2
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

No worries, you can always just "lose" your ID (and HSR sticker) and get a new picture taken. Also, you don't have to pay for an official passport photo again if you don't want to; you can use photobooth pictures or you can get a picture taken at the Registrar's office, I think.
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:05 PM   #3
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

At least you'll ALWAYS have a good story when you show your student card
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:10 PM   #4
Olivia.

haha McIntyre, this is very true! But I'm still a bit upset hahaha
and Entropy, that sounds like such a good idea! especially since I just looked into it and found out they don't get replaced yearly..
gaha this is just my luck
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:13 PM   #5
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
No worries, you can always just "lose" your ID (and HSR sticker) and get a new picture taken. Also, you don't have to pay for an official passport photo again if you don't want to; you can use photobooth pictures or you can get a picture taken at the Registrar's office, I think.
nop, if you "loose it" they will just print it again, with the same picture. You should ask them(registrar) if you can do something about that.
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:18 PM   #6
Olivia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
nop, if you "loose it" they will just print it again, with the same picture. You should ask them(registrar) if you can do something about that.
D:
I think my heart just broke a little.
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:21 PM   #7
Olivia.

haha but no worries.. I'll get over it.
after all, it's just a picture :p
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:21 PM   #8
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

I know, I felt bad giving you the bad news
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:23 PM   #9
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Don't worry. I did exactly the same thing oh those many years ago. You will get used to looking like a serial killer. I kind of like it now...
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:24 PM   #10
Olivia.

haha no problem, I'm glad I know all I can now.
Thanks man
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:24 PM   #11
leek43

Liked: 0 Times

if your card gets cracked they will also replace it (for free even) and you can get a new picture if they notice that you look dramatically different from your old picture (my roommate got a new one this way)....but she had her old picture for 3/4 yrs of undergrad...
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:29 PM   #12
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

why wasn't I looking like a serial killer when I got my photo :( I love looking like that

btw, I would like to see the face of a female serial killer

edit: oh wait! do you mean when it's being snapped after getting caught?

Last edited by Afzal : 03-08-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:29 PM   #13
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Not only does my student card also have picture where I don't smile (and everyone thinks I'm depressed in that pic except I insist it's my "neutral" face), it was a picture taken in grade 12 where I have red, yellow and black hair.

nila*, xo.monica like this.
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:56 PM   #14
Olivia.

sniderj, I have a feeling the serial killer look will grow on me as well.. :p
and leek43, I'm not sure if that will happen to me...considering people from gradeschool still recognise me haha
also, Jeff, it's alright. I've most definitely been through my..exotic..phase. lol thankfully, it was in grade 9, when I knew a lot less people and took a lot less pictures haha
Old 03-08-2010 at 06:59 PM   #15
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

I'll be the honest one here. We all totally creeped your Macinsiders profile pic, and most of us think you're a pretty girl, so we all really want to say "don't worry, you'll be fine".

In other news... you can smile???? My student card has a true terrorist picture. I kept getting stopped at airports thanks to lovely racial profiling. BAH

PS. Rohan + this new flu + drugs = unhappy but slightly out of it.