MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electrical/Biomed Difficulty TedMosby Academics 32 06-24-2010 08:56 PM
Electrical and Biomedical Engineering w/ Management jp1390 Academics 8 06-05-2010 10:30 PM
Electrical & Biomedical Engineering nytrogyn First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 27 03-21-2009 10:49 AM

A few questions about Electrical & Biomed Engineering...

Old 05-06-2011 at 09:04 AM   #31
klibzy

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
Hey guys( and like girl),
Unfortunately, titles just changed their website to only show the spring and summer booklist.
Can anyone be nice enough to list what books and edition were used for the following six courses. Just wanna get a head start on looking for cheap books and planning my budget for next year.
ELEC ENG 2CI5, 2CJ4, 2EI5 COMP ENG 2DI4, 2SH4, 2SI4
I realize that books could change yada yada, if i get a really cheap old one, dont really care
2ci5: Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis 9th edition by irwin
2cj4: same book as ci5
2ei5: microelectronic circuit design 4th edition by jaeger
2di4: fundamentals of digital logic with vhdl design 3rd edition by brown
2sh4: no book to buy. Prof posted some optional textbooks online
2si4: data structures and problem solving using java 4th edition by weiss ( i actually found this book usefull)
Math 2zz3 and z03: advanced engineering mathematics 3rd edition by zill

MacPack says thanks to klibzy for this post.

RyanC likes this.
Old 05-08-2011 at 11:43 PM   #32
Sxefmachine

Liked: 7 Times

How many ladies are there in ECE ?
Old 05-09-2011 at 12:17 AM   #33
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxefmachine View Post
There's only one that matters, and that's Sorina D. Mymy is she ever lovely.

klibzy, RyanC like this.
Old 05-09-2011 at 12:51 AM   #34
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Just curious. How many and which of the books have pdf versions being passed about?
Old 05-09-2011 at 01:05 AM   #35
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxefmachine View Post
Not many. Id say about 15 or so in my year.

I'm proud to say that I am dating one of them however
Old 05-09-2011 at 01:21 AM   #36
zunihossain

Liked: 0 Times

why stick with ECE girls when there's nursing?
Old 05-09-2011 at 07:47 AM   #37
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunihossain View Post
why stick with ECE girls when there's nursing?
I guess I got lucky and found an awesome one in ECE itself, no need to waste myself looking elsewhere :p
Old 05-10-2011 at 02:49 PM   #38
patso29

Liked: 3 Times

Math 2z03
Just wondering Im taking eng math 2z03 in summer school and it's kinda suicidal, like our tests aren't multiple choice it's all short answer, so just wanted to ask any upper years if the tests during the actual school year were mult. choice or what...cause im thinking about dropping, thanks
Old 05-10-2011 at 03:09 PM   #39
klibzy

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patso29 View Post
Just wondering Im taking eng math 2z03 in summer school and it's kinda suicidal, like our tests aren't multiple choice it's all short answer, so just wanted to ask any upper years if the tests during the actual school year were mult. choice or what...cause im thinking about dropping, thanks
Lol consider yourself lucky you have short answer questions....lots of opportunities for part marks even if you dont really know what you are doing. We had all multuple choice questions for tests last semster which were rediculously hard (however in zz3 exam we had 3 short answer). You should stay in summer school for math....def a lot less suicidal then during the school year
Old 05-10-2011 at 03:12 PM   #40
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Even with the short answers, its really great to be able to focus on only that course (or that and another if you took two this term). The pros outweigh the cons.. you sound like you aren't studying at all, because the concepts aren't overly difficult (compared to 2zz3).
Old 05-10-2011 at 04:21 PM   #41
funkdmonkey

Liked: 27 Times

I always imagined Elec and Bio would be one of the hardest engineering streams.
Old 05-10-2011 at 04:45 PM   #42
patso29

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Even with the short answers, its really great to be able to focus on only that course (or that and another if you took two this term). The pros outweigh the cons.. you sound like you aren't studying at all, because the concepts aren't overly difficult (compared to 2zz3).
I think it's just b/c the prof is going through everything really fast, so my notes arent really notes just examples, do any of you guys happen to have the lecture notes from 2z03, i looked on the course website but all the links are broken now, it would be realllly helpful!
Old 05-10-2011 at 05:00 PM   #43
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
I think it's just b/c the prof is going through everything really fast, so my notes arent really notes just examples, do any of you guys happen to have the lecture notes from 2z03, i looked on the course website but all the links are broken now, it would be realllly helpful!
Sure, when I get home at 930. Inbox me if I don't msg you.
Old 05-10-2011 at 05:18 PM   #44
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

I could get them too please! Its not only that hes fast, hes kinda disorganized.
Old 05-10-2011 at 08:09 PM   #45
RyanC
Elite Member

It appears 2z03 is one of the few courses that I kept a backup of notes and stuff... I only have up the 4th lecture note :(

I can't really believe it because I know I kept up with this class, hehe. I'll check to see if I have the physical notes still or if I recycled them.