MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second semester/final marks? runit Academics 16 05-07-2010 08:10 AM
disputing(?) final marks teresa Academics 11 03-21-2010 12:33 AM
calculating approximate final exam marks xo.monica Academics 1 01-08-2010 08:56 PM
Final grade 12 marks? xsanx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-17-2009 11:03 PM
Final Marks dhillon11 Academics 14 05-05-2009 10:12 AM

Final Exam marks

Old 12-04-2008 at 06:58 PM   #1
Daisydawne18

Liked: 0 Times

Final Exam marks
I couldnt find this anywhere so I hope that Im not reposting...

But.. Do our final exam marks get posted on Webct or do we just have to wait for our final grade to figure out what our exam mark would be?

And if the final exam marks do get posted somewhere how long does it normally take?

Im in Science if that makes a difference..

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2008 at 07:28 PM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

You just get your final mark .... well the range (i.e. 12, 11, etc.) then you figure out what you got on your final based on how you did the course up to the exam.

Unless you actually go to your prof and ask to see the exam (though it may be someone else that handles the exam review sessions depending on faculty).
Old 12-04-2008 at 07:38 PM   #3
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Your final grades may be posted on WEBCT depending on the class but they will ALWAYS be put on MUGSI under "Grade Report"

Old 12-04-2008 at 07:55 PM   #4
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

hey when would they get posted on mugsi? As soon as the exam is marked?
Old 12-04-2008 at 08:38 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Not quite.

As soon as the exams are marked, the individual grade averages are tabulated, and then submitted to the Registrar's office. Then...it's up to the Registrar's office.

The last day the school is officially open (ie offices etc) is the 22nd apparently, so I think that would be the last possible day marks would go up until maybe Dec 29-31. If not then Jan 5th, possibly later.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 12-04-2008 at 08:39 PM   #6
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Only your final grade is released officially.
Go under MUGSI and click on Grade Report.
They start getting added AFTER the last day for exams (Dec. 17th this year I think...).
It takes times for the registrar to update people's marks. You may not get your final grades until mid-January for some courses.

Also, in some cases professors post the exam grades. This is usually done through WebCT, but it is very rare and probably would not happen for any first year courses.
You can request to review your final exam, but I have no clue how that works.
Old 12-05-2008 at 01:06 PM   #7
Bobble

Liked: 33 Times

Official school policy requires that professors not reveal the final exam grade OR your grade for the entire class until your final grade has been officially posted by the registrar.

Whether your prof follows that rule is, well, up to them I guess.
Old 12-06-2008 at 08:46 AM   #8
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Usually if your exam is written early like in the first week, your grade may be posted by the first day of grade release (Dec 18). However, this is not guaranteed and really depends on your professor. For example, I had an exam relatively early last year but my grade for that course wasn't posted until the last day, when all my later exam grades had already been posted.

I think all the grades are usually posted on MUGSI by the start of the 2nd semester. Not completely sure, though.
Old 12-06-2008 at 10:41 AM   #9
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Usually I think they want to give people a chance to retake failed courses if they're offered second term so at the latest by the middle of the add/drop period I would expect the marks to be up.