MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second semester/final marks? runit Academics 16 05-07-2010 08:10 AM
disputing(?) final marks teresa Academics 11 03-21-2010 12:33 AM
Final grade 12 marks? xsanx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-17-2009 11:03 PM
Final Marks + Summer School Kevin S General Discussion 2 04-01-2009 04:56 PM
Final Exam marks Daisydawne18 Academics 8 12-06-2008 10:41 AM

Final Marks

Old 04-28-2009 at 11:04 PM   #1
dhillon11

Liked: 0 Times

Final Marks
Hi, just wondering when the final marks come up on mugsi for 2nd and 3rd term courses and how can I find out what I got on my exam. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2009 at 11:09 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Final marks are being posted on MUGSI on the 29th, same as your midterms... and it depends on your prof whether they post your final exam marks on webCT. If they don't, then you probably have to go see them personally.
Old 04-29-2009 at 12:52 AM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Marks are up already. They're under degree audit. Man, I'm so happy! I don't think I've ever found out my exam marks before. Talk to your prof about it.
Old 04-29-2009 at 12:58 AM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

WHAAAAT??!

*checks*

Hahaha. I got one mark back, and I'm happy. Random that it's under degree audit this time...
Old 04-29-2009 at 01:12 AM   #5
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Wow... Physics and Math marks for first year engineers in 1E03 and 1ZZ5 appear to have been significantly boosted. That, or I just tend to underestimate how amazing I am :p
Old 04-29-2009 at 04:08 AM   #6
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

When I was back in first year engineering, they gave everyone at least an extra 15% in calc I and algebra. My final grades would have been impossible otherwise. A lot of people seem to screw up badly in first year math, so those who don't get a nice gift in the end.

When did they change calc I, calc II, and algebra (3 credits each) into a five credit (and I assume another 4 credit) course?
Old 04-29-2009 at 05:06 AM   #7
stevennn
Pro Lurker.

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
When I was back in first year engineering, they gave everyone at least an extra 15% in calc I and algebra. My final grades would have been impossible otherwise. A lot of people seem to screw up badly in first year math, so those who don't get a nice gift in the end.

When did they change calc I, calc II, and algebra (3 credits each) into a five credit (and I assume another 4 credit) course?
That started this year since we're the first year with the new high school math curriculum. Also, my math and physics marks don't seem to be boosted at all unless I really screwed up the exams.
Old 04-29-2009 at 08:21 AM   #8
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post

See this is the problem with the whole marking, some courses do get legimitate boosting of marks, but some just dont..Im sure the only course that might receive some boosting is Physics 1E03..This is what I never undertstood, shouldnt the difficulty be the same every single year? Why is it that some years do get massive boosts in grades and some dont..like for instance, I knew a TA who told me he straight failed physics tests and it was because of bell curving, he's a civil engineer..this is something I just dont get...

Old 04-29-2009 at 04:35 PM   #9
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvin100 View Post
See this is the problem with the whole marking, some courses do get legimitate boosting of marks, but some just dont..Im sure the only course that might receive some boosting is Physics 1E03..This is what I never undertstood, shouldnt the difficulty be the same every single year? Why is it that some years do get massive boosts in grades and some dont..like for instance, I knew a TA who told me he straight failed physics tests and it was because of bell curving, he's a civil engineer..this is something I just dont get...
It's because they experiment with different ways of teaching the course. If it turns out the method they use one year is crappier than previous years, they have to compensate in the end somehow.

Also, I think school is becoming easier than it used to be since there are more and more students each year. Students say 10 years ago had much smaller classes, so it was probably a lot easier to get help from the professor and "excel" for exams. Just a theory though :p
Old 04-29-2009 at 06:34 PM   #10
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Students say 10 years ago had much smaller classes, so it was probably a lot easier to get help from the professor and "excel" for exams. Just a theory though :p
Maybe it's just my program but I find it incredibly easy to get help from my professors. I love almost all of them. They are all so supportive and offer great advice. Just go to their office hours or book an appointment with them. I don't know what it's like to have a large class anymore. Philosophy courses have under 20 people in them so our professors know when we are not there. My point though is that professors are really approachable, at least in philosophy and religious studies. So if you ever want to take a good elective *hint hint*
Old 04-30-2009 at 02:47 PM   #11
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
Maybe it's just my program but I find it incredibly easy to get help from my professors. I love almost all of them. They are all so supportive and offer great advice. Just go to their office hours or book an appointment with them. I don't know what it's like to have a large class anymore. Philosophy courses have under 20 people in them so our professors know when we are not there. My point though is that professors are really approachable, at least in philosophy and religious studies. So if you ever want to take a good elective *hint hint*
Every year of engineering is filled to the maximum capacity. They don't reduce class size, just the number of sections. 4 years and I think maybe 3 professors know me by name (I don't feel bad though, because I don't know the name of half of my professors )
Old 05-04-2009 at 11:30 PM   #12
feonateresa
Elite Member

Hmm, it says the marks will be posted between the 29th and the 5th of May. Buuut, it says *Thursday* May 5th, when Thursday is actually the 7th. I'm still waiting for one mark, does that mean it's actually until the 7th and they made a typo?
Old 05-05-2009 at 02:19 AM   #13
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Hmm, it says the marks will be posted between the 29th and the 5th of May. Buuut, it says *Thursday* May 5th, when Thursday is actually the 7th. I'm still waiting for one mark, does that mean it's actually until the 7th and they made a typo?
I was in the same position as you until a few minutes ago, when I read a notice from my professor, that the mark I was missing will be posted by Thursday. So, I'm pretty sure that your mark will be posted on MUGSI by Thursday, May 7th.

If not, you should contact your professor as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!
~KS

Last edited by Kevin S : 05-05-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-05-2009 at 09:08 AM   #14
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

is anyone still missing their Biology 1A03 mark?
Old 05-05-2009 at 10:12 AM   #15
KRan

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
is anyone still missing their Biology 1A03 mark?
I don't have mine, but we wrote it the 2nd last day, so it makes sense that it's not up yet.