MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help finding T13 changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-18-2010 11:53 PM
Help finding a job. Rossclot Volunteering Opportunities 16 01-18-2010 07:38 PM
course books available at library? macculkin General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 08:19 PM
ENG II Course finding help. Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-08-2008 06:56 PM
End frustration with library books! KristaG General Discussion 2 10-19-2007 04:09 PM

Finding Library Books

Old 06-25-2010 at 09:00 AM   #1
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Finding Library Books
Has anyone had experience finding books before in Thode? Ive been in Thode, but never tried to search out a book. I found the book on the online catalogue and it says its check in, its in Thode Bookstacks, and it gives me a number starting with 'QA'. Where can I find this book?
Also I couldnt find any specifications line, but its a textbook, am I allowed to check it out? Or just use it for reference in the library?

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2010 at 09:15 AM   #2
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
Has anyone had experience finding books before in Thode? Ive been in Thode, but never tried to search out a book. I found the book on the online catalogue and it says its check in, its in Thode Bookstacks, and it gives me a number starting with 'QA'. Where can I find this book?
Also I couldnt find any specifications line, but its a textbook, am I allowed to check it out? Or just use it for reference in the library?

Thanks!
You need to go to the floor that has the Thode Bookstack "QA" Section - I've never been into Thode myself, but I'm certain you can find a floor plan (most likely by the elevators and/or a main staircase - I know they have something like that in Mills. You could also ask the librarian what floor it is on)
I know with Mills, Mills Bookstacks is located on several floors and each floor is divided into a section (e.g. 6th floor A-C, 5th floor D-F, etc)
Once you find what floor Thode Bookstack QA is on, walk around the floor and look for the QA section of the library, as well as the reference number. These signs are posted on every bookshelf, so you'll be looking for a sign like this.

QA
start of reference number
end of reference number
Walk into the aisle and then look for your book - you obviously want to find the book with the correct reference number and letter(s), QA.

Hope this helps.

Edit - If your uncertain about this, remember you can go to the library's "Just Ask" section - link provided below

http://library.mcmaster.ca/justask/

You can ask them a question any time and you'll get an immediate response - provided they are online of course XD

Last edited by Deegs14 : 06-25-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Melanieee says thanks to Deegs14 for this post.
Old 06-25-2010 at 09:20 AM   #3
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Wow great thanks!