MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mcmaster classes vs. other school classes drpatel General Discussion 2 04-27-2012 02:20 PM
Help finding T13 changturkey First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-18-2010 11:53 PM
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Help finding a job. Rossclot Volunteering Opportunities 16 01-18-2010 07:38 PM
ENG II Course finding help. Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-08-2008 06:56 PM

Finding my classes

Members have rated post #333018 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 08-20-2012 at 05:16 AM   #1
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

Finding my classes
Is it easy to figure out where each building and each class is? The campus looks pretty huge. Also, do they hand out maps of the campus on frosh week? I have a feeling I'm gonna be like half an hour late to my classes the first week of school..
Old 08-20-2012 at 06:58 AM   #2
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Well, classes start on thursday,,, so probably would be wise to maybe take a look around campus to familiarize yourself with it before thursday
Old 08-20-2012 at 07:34 AM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Yeah, most people go around and find all their classes beforehand. You can find a map of McMaster online.

SweetyTweety says thanks to starfish for this post.

mc_kumar likes this.
Old 08-20-2012 at 07:38 AM   #4
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

There's a huge map in front of JHE, if you ever get really lost. Also, people are typically very helpful letting you know which building, room, etc. this is and where the one you're looking for is, too.
...bad grammar, but the point is there...:.)

SweetyTweety says thanks to Zebedee for this post.
Old 08-20-2012 at 09:03 AM   #5
mitchrawr

Liked: 0 Times

You can find a map of the campus online. Just google "Mcmaster campus map".

I would start by identifying the buildings you have classes in on that map. Then print it out so you have some reference. Definitely smart to find your classes beforehand so you're not stressing finding them the day of. Some classes are harder to find than others depending on their location in the building. Don't be afraid to ask someone for directions if you're having trouble, I've never met someone who didn't mind.
Old 08-20-2012 at 09:26 AM   #6
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

If you have a smartphone, save the pdf of the mac campus map onto it, that's what i did, came in handy.

If you don't, every library has little wallet maps you can have with all the buildings and abbreviations.

It all will seem quite daunting the first few times you're on campus, but you'll be an expert of where everything is by the fortnight.
Old 08-20-2012 at 09:33 AM   #7
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
If you have a smartphone, save the pdf of the mac campus map onto it, that's what i did, came in handy.

If you don't, every library has little wallet maps you can have with all the buildings and abbreviations.

It all will seem quite daunting the first few times you're on campus, but you'll be an expert of where everything is by the fortnight.
People still say fortnight?
Old 08-20-2012 at 09:33 AM   #8
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Print a map, and don't hesitate to ask around. People are so very helpful, it isn't hard at all.

(I was so underprepared my first day, but I still managed to get to my first class only ten minutes late. And when I say underprepared...I mean underprepared. o__o)
Old 08-20-2012 at 11:49 AM   #9
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
People still say fortnight?
You should use it more often, i always throw in some old english here and there, keeps people on their toes.

Next time someone asks you where BSB is, say its 1.3 furlongs from where you are now.

Old 08-20-2012 at 11:50 AM   #10
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

When I visited campus I literally used the GPS on my phone to find the buildings I needed to get to
Old 08-20-2012 at 12:16 PM   #11
Chris23
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
You should use it more often, i always throw in some old english here and there, keeps people on their toes.

Next time someone asks you where BSB is, say its 1.3 furlongs from where you are now.
Ill stick with my modern english.. Dont feel the need to revert to our days when we were still a part of the british monarchy.