MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSU First Year Council: First Year Student Survey huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-03-2012 08:01 PM
Upper Year student taking First Year course julianface Academics 2 06-15-2011 12:53 AM
First Year Student, Second Year course as elective Hani.Ramzan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 12-07-2010 08:29 PM
First year Msc Student librakhan Introduce Yourself 0 08-22-2010 05:38 PM

first year kine student

Old 05-27-2013 at 10:49 PM   #1
fatimaxh

Liked: 0 Times

first year kine student
Hi everyone, i am currently in grade 12 and i got accepted to kine at macmaster. im so confused whether i should come to macmaster. If i do come i have to live on residence which im not worried about. I am more worried about the program and getting involved. i really want to get involved in my university. my other option is york. I heard great things about the york kine program and its really easy to get involved in that university. but its more than an hour for me to commute there. any advice????? can someone tell me the difficulty of kine at macmaster?? btw im not good at math or physics. i havent taken grade 12 physics or calculus just math.
THANK-YOU
Old 05-28-2013 at 09:00 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatimaxh View Post
Hi everyone, i am currently in grade 12 and i got accepted to kine at macmaster. im so confused whether i should come to macmaster. If i do come i have to live on residence which im not worried about. I am more worried about the program and getting involved. i really want to get involved in my university. my other option is york. I heard great things about the york kine program and its really easy to get involved in that university. but its more than an hour for me to commute there. any advice????? can someone tell me the difficulty of kine at macmaster?? btw im not good at math or physics. i havent taken grade 12 physics or calculus just math.
THANK-YOU
Welcome to the MacInsiders community!

I'm assuming by "kine" you're referring to the Kinesiology program at McMaster. I only know one person in that program, but I haven't heard of anything negative about it, so I'm sure someone who actually is in the program can provide you with some better insight there.

As for getting involved, there are plenty of ways you can get involved at McMaster, it all really comes down to you. There are a lot of events that come & go throughout the school year, and more than enough clubs to participate in. Don't see the club you're looking for in the club list? Open your own club following the rules & regulations for second year.

When it comes to first year Math, don't fret! At McMaster, there is a Math Help Centre, which is free of cost and you have undergraduate, Masters & PhD students willing to help you out with your questions. Don't understand a concept? No problem, they can help you. But, please do not abuse this resource by making it a substitute for not going to classes.

But honestly. At the end of the day it comes down to what you really want. People at York will say certain things, and so will people at McMaster. You should perhaps go to both universities and check out both campuses and see which you like more. Interact with the people at both places, and see which one you can see yourself attended for a minimum of four years.

Cheerio!
Old 06-06-2013 at 08:37 PM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Come to MCMASTER!!!

There are LOADS of ways to get involved on campus. McMaster has hundreds and hundreds of student clubs you can join, and some amazing extra curriculars.

We have a whole article series on it here:
http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...120.html?f=120