MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Off-Campus Commerce Student! sherloki Introduce Yourself 15 08-24-2012 10:23 PM
SOCS off-campus for first-year Baccarani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 06-22-2012 06:43 PM
Off Campus Housing for First Year Student? Please Help! HanPark9205 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 06-27-2011 10:25 PM

First Year Off Campus Soc Sci!

Old 08-21-2012 at 03:36 PM   #1
BPrentice

Liked: Liked 2 Times

First Year Off Campus Soc Sci!
Hi, my name is Brittany and I going into my first year of Social Sciences. After first year I plan to major in Social Work. My hometown is Guelph Ontario, where I will be moving from for the very first time in my entire life.

I am very outgoing and energetic and you'll probably see me at Pulse or studying somewhere. I don't do drugs or drink, so you won't be seeing me at any parties but I do still know how to have fun without it! I enjoy cooking, baking, going for walks/jogs, watching movies/tv and listening to country music, as well as various other things! My favourite movies are Finding Nemo, Tangled and Titanic but I also enjoy comedy and horror movies. I loooove Criminals Minds, Storage Wars, World's Worst Tenants and many more! Oh, and my favourite colour is yellow! I am almost always wearing it but I recently updated my wardrobe to include some Maroon, which is a big deal since I'm a redhead and I have NEVER owned red(or the like) in my entire life!

I plan on losing 10 pounds my first year to add to the 20 pounds I recently lost which I'm hoping will be easier since I'm living off campus and can make my own food! If you're looking for a motivator, or just someone to help you lose a few, let me know! I've got a lot of knowledge to share!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!

P.S. Am I the only one who has been completely packed for the past two weeks?
Old 08-21-2012 at 03:43 PM   #2
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 132 Times

I have been packed for two weeks! LOL xD. I live in Guelph too What high school did u go to?
Old 08-21-2012 at 03:47 PM   #3
BPrentice

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Yaay! All my friends, and people I've seen posting haven't so I figured I either started waaay too early or everyone else is procrastinating hardcore! I went to Ross, yourself?!
Old 08-28-2012 at 11:44 PM   #4
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

Good choice living off campus for first year. I personally recommend it I think is saves so much money and gives you so much more freedom and experience.

Enjoy your first year, TIME FLIES at university!
Old 08-31-2012 at 06:02 PM   #5
keiser=)

Liked: 12 Times

Haha that's good intro, seems you're pretty set on your plans this school year. That's kind for you to be a motivator well have an exciting and fun time at university!
Old 08-31-2012 at 07:20 PM   #6
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Nice intro, welcome to Mac! And we will definitely see you at Pulse.

Except me, because my previous memberships were just a waste of money.

Also don't forget the MI chat for your procrastination needs.
Old 09-02-2012 at 09:23 AM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Great intro Brittany!!! So excited to have you part of the MacInsiders community! Living off campus is SO MUCH FUN! You'll enjoy it a lot. Be sure to check out our 'off-campus' living series in the Advice area as we list some great tips and advice for living in a student house such as what to bring, how to deal with housemates, etc. Could come in handy throughout the year

You can use the "MI Connector" tool (it's under the MISC menu) to find other Soc Sci students in first year that are MI Members as well.

I really really hope to see you out at the MacInsiders Social Night Sept 13th! You can meet a ton of new people and we have lots of fun icebreakers to do that don't involve drinking
Old 09-05-2012 at 12:01 PM   #8
dan c

Liked: 0 Times

hey welcome to mac insiders
Old 09-05-2012 at 06:12 PM   #9
andrew.1

Liked: 7 Times

Hey welcome to Mac! I am also in social sciences first year and I intend on going into social work.
I am not much of a drinker either, I am glad you know you don't have to be cool to drink.

Storage wars and world's worst tenants are great shows!

There is a social work club which you might want to join.

Cheers!

Andrew
Old 09-05-2012 at 06:34 PM   #10
gahey

welcome to mac! nice to meet you~
Old 09-06-2012 at 09:40 PM   #11
pudge

Hey, welcome to Mcmaster
Old 09-06-2012 at 10:01 PM   #12
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Hello, welcome to MI community and McMaster!