Halcyon House SciMania Residence & Housing 4 05-23-2010 02:38 PM
House lawleypop General Discussion 12 10-19-2009 09:05 PM
My House Hunt Greco General Discussion 14 08-10-2009 07:05 PM

First years for a house?

Old 07-26-2010 at 06:44 PM   #1
Mfm12

Liked: 2 Times

First years for a house?
I am currently on the waiting list for residence.. but things aren't looking the greatest since it's almost August already. So I am starting to look around for off-campus housing. Anyone else in the same situation and looking for people to live with? I don't have a house in mind yet or anything.. just wanting to know if there is any interest out there!
Old 07-26-2010 at 07:28 PM   #2
rexelle

Liked: 4 Times

I already have a house, but I just wanted to let you know that there are quite a few places available on thorndale crescent. Its literally a 1 min walk to campus (across the street from it in fact). I dont know if the places are advertising online or anything but they have for rent signs in the windows. check it out
Old 07-26-2010 at 08:37 PM   #3
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I've seen a few houses on King Street West for rent; they're about a 5 minute walk from the hospital.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-26-2010
lawleypop
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-26-2010
Sameen
Old 07-27-2010 at 10:08 AM   #4
Mfm12

Liked: 2 Times

Thanks for the replies! I still need to find people to live with before I can look for a house though, haha.
Old 07-27-2010 at 10:52 AM   #5
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

To be honest, at this point your best bet on finding a place to stay is to look individually. Most houses have been taken by groups of students, but many of them have 1-2 rooms still open. Living in a house with people who you don't know can be a bit awkward, but there are definite advantages. The opportunity to make new friends is always cool, but having upper year friends when your in first year is always awesome. The knowledge they have about how Mac works can be a really helpful. And if they've taken the same courses or are in the same faculty, chances are they'll be able to help you a lot with course selecting for next year, picking a program, good profs, etc.
Old 08-03-2010
RaeA
Old 08-04-2010
barrowbr
Old 08-30-2010
PaganoJ