MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching out of engineering!!! MeenaM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 04-24-2014 02:51 PM
question about switching to Eng program shawnsan Academics 1 10-28-2013 07:17 PM
Switching to Engineering...help! ShouldBeStudying Academics 3 12-25-2009 06:12 PM

Former Eng Student Switching Into Engineering Again

Old 05-06-2015 at 03:45 PM   #1
Daniel G

Liked: 0 Times

Former Eng Student Switching Into Engineering Again
Hello, My name is Daniel. I was originally accepted into Mac Engineering from high school, currently enrolled in Math and Stats I and would like to switch back into engineering as soon as possible. However, there is a problem, i haven't done well in math and stats due to personal issues/first year troubles etc. What do you think would be the best course of action that is not raising my average over another year of school? Does the fact that i was originally from eng hold any significance? is there nothing that can be done?

Any feedback would be very helpful from anyone, especially people who have transferred into eng or are in similar situations, thanks.
Old 05-06-2015 at 05:03 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

See your academic advisor - from either the science faculty or the engineering one, though the engineering advisors might be more helpful for this.
Old 05-07-2015 at 11:36 AM   #3
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
See your academic advisor - from either the science faculty or the engineering one, though the engineering advisors might be more helpful for this.
We should really get Chad to make a bot... because it seems you and I have to give this same line of advice wayy too often on this forum.
I like how the OP asks if there is anything they can do OTHER THAN raising their grades lol.

starfish likes this.
Old 05-07-2015 at 04:36 PM   #4
Daniel G

Quote:
I like how the OP asks if there is anything they can do OTHER THAN raising their grades lol.
Are you implying that there is nothing i can do besides that? Yes, that's the most obvious way to make a transfer more appealing but i'm trying to conserve time and tuition money.
Old 05-07-2015 at 04:51 PM   #5
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Are you implying that there is nothing i can do besides that? Yes, that's the most obvious way to make a transfer more appealing but i'm trying to conserve time and tuition money.
One's high school grades can be used for entering a university for a few years after his HS graduation, the problem is that I don't know how it applies to a person already in university.

Contact the academic advisers, that's what they are there for.

Daniel G says thanks to GeorgeLucas for this post.
Old 05-07-2015 at 11:23 PM   #6
2Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel G View Post
Probably shoulda used that strategy when studying this year?
Old 05-07-2015 at 11:38 PM   #7
Daniel G

Quote:
Probably shoulda used that strategy when studying this year?
Again, personal problems not in my power restrained me from this, and it's not like i'm that stupid to not realize this. Thanks for the constructive criticism though buddy.
Old 05-08-2015 at 07:43 AM   #8
2Dream

Quote:
Again, personal problems not in my power restrained me from this, and it's not like i'm that stupid to not realize this. Thanks for the constructive criticism though buddy.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret, the real world outside of university doesnt give two shits about our personal problems. When you have a job after graduating, it doesnt matter what personal problems you have, deadlines and standards are required to be met regardless. I'm sorry if you went through some personal issues though, just saying that the real world doesnt allow for our personal problems to act as reason for not completing our work to a certain degree.
Old 05-12-2015 at 03:25 PM   #9
Daniel G

And this is coming from the alumni who has nothing better to do then shitpost on a random student's post? I'm not exactly sure if you're the right person fit to give lectures on real world advice. This isn't 4chan or reddit i'm not trying to dig gold or fucking triforce so unless you have something that could be applicable to what i'm asking then stop shitposting.
Old 05-12-2015 at 03:53 PM   #10
2Dream

Quote:
And this is coming from the alumni who has nothing better to do then shitpost on a random student's post? I'm not exactly sure if you're the right person fit to give lectures on real world advice. This isn't 4chan or reddit i'm not trying to dig gold or fucking triforce so unless you have something that could be applicable to what i'm asking then stop shitposting.
Then go to an academic adviser for the advice you are looking for. Now if you would excuse me I have to dig gold and apparently fuck a triforce. Toodles!