MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini Fridges!! mustafa10 Bates Forum 2 09-09-2012 03:46 PM
Mini Fridges summercandy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-16-2011 12:57 AM
Fridges necessary? ricechrispy Residence & Housing 19 08-12-2011 09:20 AM
Fridges spiotrowski Moulton Hall Forum 20 07-21-2008 03:52 PM

Fridge Rental in Residence - Mandatory Rule

Old 07-13-2010 at 11:13 AM   #1
hellohello

Liked: 9 Times

Stop searching for a fridge
Because you're apparently not allowed to bring it.
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:16 AM   #2
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

...? source please =]?
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:16 AM   #3
logans

Liked: 3 Times

Where'd you hear that? I'm pretty sure you're allowed to bring fridges, and theres even a place on mac's website where it tells you about renting fridges.
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:19 AM   #4
hellohello

I just got an email from Residence Admissions - check your MUSS email!!
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:24 AM   #5
etoilex3

I didn't get that email. =/..what residence are you going to be in? Can you paste the email in here?

I really hope this isn't true, we were allowed fridges last year!
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:28 AM   #6
hellohello

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoilex3 View Post
I didn't get that email. =/..what residence are you going to be in? Can you paste the email in here?

I really hope this isn't true, we were allowed fridges last year!
Keyes.

An important note about Refrigerators in Residence
Effective September 2010, residence students are not permitted to bring personal refrigerators into the residence buildings. Students interested in having a refrigerator in their room can make arrangements with the University's contractor Coldex, for rental of a 3 or 5 cubic foot refrigerator during the academic year.
This policy ensures all refrigerators entering the residence buildings are properly cleaned, energy efficient and in good working order: this assists the University in providing a safe and healthy living environment in residence and contributes to the University's sustainability efforts.
Please note:
  • Bunk and Loft rooms are provided a refrigerator
  • Only one refrigerator is permitted per bedroom
  • Apartment and Suite units contain a full sized refrigerator in the kitchen area
  • Traditional-style residences have kitchen facilities on each floor, where a full-sized refrigerator is available for your use.
Move-in:
  • If you make arrangements in advance with Coldex, your refrigerator will be in your room at move-in; Coldex will return at the end of the academic year and retrieve the unit. It's that simple!
  • As personal refrigerators are not permitted, if you bring one at move-in, it will not be unloaded and you will be asked to send it home with your family and friends.
Housing & Conference Services appreciates your cooperation and understanding as we work towards providing a safe and comfortable environment for you, while also setting responsible sustainability goals.

etoilex3 says thanks to hellohello for this post.
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:30 AM   #7
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I'm so angry.
It would be so much cheaper just to buy the fridge, especially if you've got another 3 years or 4 years or if you plan to take it off campus. This is ridiculous.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-13-2010 at 11:31 AM   #8
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

i didn't get that email
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:32 AM   #9
etoilex3

argh! ANOTHER MONEY MAKING PLOY
>.<
that is ridiculous. like, in one aspect, i understand energy consumption must be ridiculous if there's two fridges in one room..but rental is fairly expensive, when you can just bring your own.

i wonder why i haven't gotten the email yet =/
Old 07-13-2010 at 11:34 AM   #10
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

It might be alphabetical or something. There usually appears to be some time lag. I got mine 5 minutes ago. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I believe regardless of whether or not you get the email (to any first years wondering) the conditions will still apply.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-13-2010 at 11:41 AM   #11
etoilex3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
It might be alphabetical or something. There usually appears to be some time lag. I got mine 5 minutes ago. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I believe regardless of whether or not you get the email (to any first years wondering) the conditions will still apply.
mhm I believe it as well. They seriously need to update all of their internet services! I don't appreciate the lag, but then again I'm just being impatient.
Old 07-13-2010 at 12:41 PM   #12
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

UGHHH this is by far the stupidest policy EVER!

What's next, we can't bring our own bed sheets?!?! because OHH OHH, that would prevent the spread of bed bugs... !!

stupid stupid stupid....why did I waste money buying a fridge :S

Last edited by SciMania : 07-13-2010 at 12:46 PM.

AnnaWM, jen.moskalyk like this.
Old 07-13-2010 at 12:50 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

That's the stupidest thing ever >.> Who would bring a dirty fridge to residence in the first place anyways? It has to be emptied before transportation, so obviously they would clean it otherwise it would stink up their house/car.

And "in good working order"? Seriously, who would bring a fridge that works half-assed?

I wouldn't be surprised if McMaster signed a contract with Coldex to monopolize and get a cut out of the sales.

AnnaWM, JBajwa, resh.jyoti like this.
Old 07-13-2010
Rubicon
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-13-2010 at 12:56 PM   #14
hitek168

Liked: 16 Times

This is not fair at all, and we should all bombard them with complaints. This must be overturned.