MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how much do YOU spend on groceries per week? mandee08 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 35 03-09-2012 12:40 PM
Produce Sale Near Fortinos? MaryS Body & Food 1 01-31-2012 03:06 PM
Mac Breadbin: order your Good Food Box this week-- $20 of produce for $12-15! H.L. Body & Food 1 09-23-2010 10:47 AM
Mac Breadbin: order your Good Food Box this week-- $20 of produce for $12-15! H.L. MacInsiders Announcements 3 09-23-2010 06:41 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

FWP Produce for groceries? Worth the time?

Old 07-07-2012 at 10:19 PM   #1
dmok

Liked: 1 Time

FWP Produce for groceries? Worth the time?
Hey everyone,

I've driven by FWP Produce (might have the abbreviation wrong) on Ewen for the past year, and have never actually gone in... Anyone been there before? Is it worth it?

I go through a fair amount of produce (actually lost 20lbs my first year by cooking healthy), so if there is a decent selection and the prices are better than Fortinos, I'd love to help out a small local business. Just looking for staples like onions, potatoes, lettuce, etc., I can always go to a bigger store for hot peppers and fancier stuff.

Side note for anyone going into 2nd year and cooking for themselves for the first time - skip the frozen pizza and french fries, and try something new! Bug your parents for how they make your favourite dish, and learn how to make it for yourself. I tried eating just pre-prepared stuff the first week of first year and was quickly broke and feeling gross. By midterms I was cooking almost all my own food from scratch, and was able to impress my girlfriend with new dishes. Hell, I even did a small roast in a 1980's era toaster oven because my apartment doesn't have an oven... Don't let a small kitchen be an excuse!
Old 07-30-2012 at 10:39 PM   #2
trinidadtobe
Account Locked

Liked: 0 Times

it is a few times but then you just get lazzyyy