Daily game Nov 17 : Road of the Dead Chad Daily Game 0 11-17-2010 04:31 AM
Parking on side road Chris98 General Discussion 3 09-25-2010 02:59 PM
My road led to Mac, hi I'm Ish Ish001 Introduce Yourself 6 07-03-2010 12:24 AM

G road test

Old 02-12-2012 at 11:39 AM   #1
chinadian

Liked: 6 Times

G road test
Hey everyone! I have my G road test next week and Im really nervous... I am taking lessons with a driving instructor and hes making it seem like its impossible... I was just wondering if anyone ever done the G road test at the Burlington location before and how it was, please give me some feedback! thanks!
Old 02-12-2012 at 12:00 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Was easier than G2... i got a young girl and all she asked me to do was get on an off the highway and drive in a residential zone.. thats it.

chinadian says thanks to blackdragon for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 12:12 PM   #3
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

I still have my G2, but I could've gotten my G a long time ago. A lot of my friends told me the same thing blackdragon told me.

chinadian says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 12:14 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

g test was slight review (3point turn, parallel parking). only thing added was going on the highway, changing lanes.

Where are you from? Some places are easier. I took my test in oakville with one way roads so it was easy. Have ur instructor run u through the course , mine pointed out certain tricky spots where speed limit changed etc.

Also suggest a low traffic time (9-11am or 2-3pm) since on a weekday traffic will be relatively low. It's alot easier than g2 as long as uv been on the highway a few times. Lol i lucked out on my g where there was construction so i only had to change lanes on a straightaway lmao

chinadian says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 12:17 PM   #5
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

i got my g at burlington. it was really easy. Just follow the directions, be sure to go the speed limit.. and remain it even when changing lanes. Also make sure you are checking your mirrors and blind spots all the time. Know the basics like 3 point turn and parallel park, but even if your not perfect they don't punish you

Be aware though. It also depends on the person you get and the mood they are in. My boyfriend did it the same day as me and he was failed for going too slow on the highway, even though there was a 3 car accident and he was going the speed that traffic allowed him to go.

Good luck, don't be too nervous because thats when your likely to make mistakes. Its not impossible, just be confident in yourself the testers will see that as a positive thing.

chinadian says thanks to gallagaj for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 12:39 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

on galla note, there are some things u have to make sure u do when u go on highway. when u go onto the highway, make sure u go from street speed->100 as soon as possibel even if u have to gun the car. i got marks off for that and maintain 100 speed

chinadian says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 12:51 PM   #7
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

just drive... if you can't pass the test you probably shouldn't be on the road (like most people)

chinadian says thanks to chappy89 for this post.

Old 02-12-2012 at 12:55 PM   #8
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Talk to the tester. Be calm, collected and above all else friendly. Unless you really mess up, whether or not you fail is pretty much up to the tester, despite their checklist. From my experience just being friendly and starting a conversation was enough that the tester wasnt even looking at the list.

chinadian says thanks to qwerty91 for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 01:03 PM   #9
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty91 View Post
Talk to the tester. Be calm, collected and above all else friendly. Unless you really mess up, whether or not you fail is pretty much up to the tester, despite their checklist. From my experience just being friendly and starting a conversation was enough that the tester wasnt even looking at the list.
Most testers aren't really allowed to "talk" to you. Just a greeting before and after the test.
Old 02-12-2012 at 01:08 PM   #10
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Most testers aren't really allowed to "talk" to you. Just a greeting before and after the test.
hmm both the G2 and G test I took at oakville, I had very interesting conversations. For example I talked about the recent changes to primary/secondary education system, and how those changes would effect those students (ie testers kids) once they got to university.

Mind you in both cases I was toward the end of the week, at the end of the day...so maybe my methods were like a bit of fresh air.
Old 02-12-2012 at 01:11 PM   #11
chinadian

Liked: 6 Times

thank you all for the advises, I will def. keep em in mind...hopefully I don't get a tester whos in a bad mood lol
Old 02-12-2012 at 01:28 PM   #12
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

On the highway, go traffic speed. And for the love of God, merge at a proper speed. Merging at 80 is no good if its 400 series. If everyone is speeding, don't go 100, go traffic speed. Easy pass. Oh, and check your blind spot every 0.000025 seconds.

P.S. GO TRAFFIC SPEED.

chinadian says thanks to BlakeM for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 02:13 PM   #13
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

In your test, don't speed or they'll fail you for breaking the law. Move your head when you check your mirrors so that it's obvious you're doing it.

chinadian says thanks to Maegs for this post.
Old 02-12-2012 at 03:24 PM   #14
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
In your test, don't speed or they'll fail you for breaking the law. Move your head when you check your mirrors so that it's obvious you're doing it.
Its not speeding if you match traffic. Driving less than the speed of everyone is dangerous. L2Drive.

Old 02-12-2012 at 04:29 PM   #15
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

my dad always drives at speed limit (maybe abit over at 120) not speeding when every1 else goes faster at 150+ i hate it when he goes on the hov lane he blocks traffic -_-