MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for desk chair: any suggestions? Kathy2 Computers & Tech 7 08-31-2010 12:27 PM
Linux software suggestions DannyV General Discussion 32 08-06-2009 04:12 PM
here are all my first year classes, any suggestions? oDianao First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 27 07-07-2009 11:45 AM
math 1D03.. any suggestions??? dacrown4life Academics 0 08-12-2007 04:14 PM

Game suggestions

Old 10-30-2008 at 11:15 PM   #1
The_Silencer

Liked: 0 Times

Game suggestions
Anyone play Counter-Strike Source? I'm myself am a pretty big fan and am surprised that it's not on the list of games. CSS is a fairly old game so any modern computer should be able to run it competently. What about team fortress classic/2? Day of defeat? Also does anyone play any RTS besides starcraft/warcraft/Dota? Like say, Dawn of war? Anyone a fan of the Total War series?
Old 10-30-2008 at 11:52 PM   #2
wintermelon

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I was just thinking Dawn of War and Total War when I read the thread title.
Old 11-03-2008 at 11:13 AM   #3
rush

i second the idea of Counter Strike Source. please add CSS!

<- i like this bunny.
Old 11-04-2008 at 06:56 AM   #4
kevinf

Liked: 2 Times

Im trying to aquire total war, but its difficult with Rogers as an ISP...

Let me know at the LAN party, so i can see it in action.

CS 1.6 is just easier. CSS really is just better models and graphics, which are not needed. CS 1.6 has scalable vector graphics anyways. Also CS 1.6 is only 400MB... CSS is like 2GB.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
-Kevin
Old 11-05-2008 at 04:24 PM   #5
Omas

ill bring my external hd to the LAN party, i have some games on there we might be able to play that kevin can upload to the server for everyone to grab, but i have no idea which games i have on it lol...
Old 11-06-2008 at 10:36 AM   #6
kevinf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omas View Post
ill bring my external hd to the LAN party, i have some games on there we might be able to play that kevin can upload to the server for everyone to grab, but i have no idea which games i have on it lol...
you forgot to tell me, i like new games, its just a matter of everyone installing them takes time...
-Kevin
Old 11-07-2008 at 02:22 AM   #7
Omas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post
you forgot to tell me, i like new games, its just a matter of everyone installing them takes time...
-Kevin
Heres a list of what i have on my external HD, this is the one i carry around with me usually, its 500gb, i keep a 1TB one at home, its got stuff on it as well but these are just what i keep with me...

Age of Mythology
Atlantica
Audiosurf
battlefield 2
battlefield 1942
battlefield 2142
bots
cod 4
C&C3
C&C3 kanes wrath
C&C generals
dawn of war (and all expansions)
doom 3
farcry
gun
halflife 2 episode 2
hot wheels stunt track challenge (OH YEAH BABY)
mashed
portal
prison tycoon 4 (lol i know... who makes a game like this )
rome total war
savage the battle for newerth
sins of a solar empire
spore
starcraft + broodwars
stepmania (WOOOOO)
sims 2
unreal tournament
unreal tournament 3
unreal tournament 2004
warcraft 3 + frozen throne
Old 11-07-2008 at 04:25 PM   #8
boogers_

I know this is a lan club and is PC oriented, but is there any chance we could get some smashbros (any version, I prefer melee) on the side.

It'd be a nice game to jump in and out of when waiting for other games.
Old 11-11-2008 at 03:56 PM   #9
srprez

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post
CS 1.6 is just easier. CSS really is just better models and graphics, which are not needed. CS 1.6 has scalable vector graphics anyways. Also CS 1.6 is only 400MB... CSS is like 2GB.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
-Kevin
lolwut I guess its nubattack if you really think that css is just better graphics. The entire gameplay mechanics are different (diff physics/gun response/spray patterns etc)

And if its the same you should have no problem switching over and ill come in and show you just how different it is LATA
Old 11-11-2008 at 05:33 PM   #10
kevinf

Yar, i concur that the game is a little more up to date in terms of physics engine, thats a given. What i meant is both games are very similar in style (as apposed to something like Unreal tournament), which is very different style of FPS.

I welcome any new game provided it can be quickly installed on a bunch of pcs... setup time is very important If you can encourage enough members to install it, then at the next LAN party i will host a server of CSS.

Personally, I would like to play more Unreal Tournament 2004, but people dont have it installed yet... mayhap i will ask people to start transfering the files as soon as they are connected to the network. Also some fun Starcraft is always nice....
Old 11-12-2008 at 08:54 PM   #11
srprez

ahh I read ya, sorry about that UT2k4 is pretty much rape, not gonna lie
Old 11-24-2008 at 02:39 PM   #12
[Ĥ!] ṂëЯRïḲ

If you got Counter-Strike: Source, Battlefield 2, or the new and spectacular Left 4 Dead going, I'd be there for sure. As long as I could get my PC there :computer: