MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Club Interview andru Clubs & Groups 0 03-29-2011 09:00 AM
club song! watkinson General Discussion 15 11-19-2010 08:30 PM
Advice fm gamers please mtam Gaming 33 12-16-2009 01:10 PM
Mac Glee Club badelyea Movies & Television 59 11-12-2009 03:53 AM
Next Club Fest? britb First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 10-17-2009 11:15 AM

Gamers club

Old 09-05-2012 at 10:53 PM   #1
andrew.1

Liked: 7 Times

Gamers club
Does anyone know about a gamers club?

I can't find one on the clubs site, but I am interested in making one even if its not official.
I mostly play PS3, but I have a wii, ps2, gamecube, N64, and a super Nintendo! haha

I mostly play black ops and MW 3, but I have lots of other games.

Anyone interested?
Old 09-05-2012 at 10:57 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

I was out advertising for the lan/esports clubs. I saw some interest in consoles/fighters but haven't seen the club this year, maybe died out. You could try to start your own next year, build up some loyal members now and expand next year
Old 09-05-2012
AngryBean
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-05-2012 at 11:24 PM   #3
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
I dont mean to be rude, but what exactly does a guy playing lots of Black Ops and MW3, with a gamepad, know about good gaming?

Maybe you can give me an opinion on how the X-series continues legacy of Wing Commander?

Man, I bet you are gonna say that Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 were worth the wait next.

The senses of good gaming today are numbed by endless stream of rehashed shooters and re-skinned strategies.
"Don't mean to be rude." Lol. Herpderp lookit meee, I'm going to criticize someone for asking if there's a club for people who share one of my interests, because clearly his interest in this area is inferior to mine, yes indeed.

He just asked a question, man. What's your problem? If you're not going to write about the damn topic, get out.

Anyway, OP, I'm not sure if Mac Lan Club is active anymore. Here's their website. Nothing since February, sadly. :( Hopefully it's just a temporary lull. I enjoyed the SC II tournaments.
Old 09-05-2012 at 11:27 PM   #4
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post

"Don't mean to be rude." Lol. Herpderp lookit meee, I'm going to criticize someone for asking if there's a club for people who share one of my interests, because clearly his interest in this area is inferior to mine, yes indeed.

He just asked a question, man. What's your problem?

Anyway, OP, I'm not sure if Mac Lan Club is active anymore. Here's their website. Nothing since February, sadly. :( Hopefully it's just a temporary lull. I enjoyed the SC II tournaments.
I am just saying that there's no need to make a club when you can just go online and pwn noobs here. You can post a mcmaster TeamSpeak channel, but no need to spend time on something trivial as CoD club.

It would be a nice idea to make some retro gaming club. Like bring and play some old systems, also maybe do some DIY project like an ultimate arcade machine.
Old 09-05-2012 at 11:31 PM   #5
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
I am just saying that there's no need to make a club when you can just go online and pwn noobs here. You can post a mcmaster TeamSpeak channel, but no need to spend time on something trivial as CoD club.

It would be a nice idea to make some retro gaming club. Like bring and play some old systems, also maybe do some DIY project like an ultimate arcade machine.
Then next time, make that suggestion in a civil manner and you'll actually be contributing to the discussion. Criticizing him for what he likes to play? Seriously? Your little holier-than-thou rant about YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW "GOOD GAMING" and GAMES TODAY ARE JUST GOING TO SHIT are not appreciated. Thanks.

anonanon987, Chad like this.
Old 09-05-2012 at 11:35 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I saw a competitive gaming booth with a bored looking fellow sitting alone at it..
And I saw a guy with settlers of catan set up at another table.

Quote:
Then next time, make that suggestion in a civil manner and you'll actually be contributing to the discussion. Criticizing him for what he likes to play? Seriously? Your little holier-than-thou rant about YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW "GOOD GAMING" and GAMES TODAY ARE JUST GOING TO SHIT are not appreciated. Thanks.
Did you forget to take your pills?
Old 09-05-2012 at 11:38 PM   #7
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Did you forget to take your pills?
Yes, my irritation at someone being unnecessarily condescending towards a first year for simply asking about a club is clearly due to my forgetting to take my crazy pills. Let's stay on topic, shall we?
Old 09-05-2012 at 11:43 PM   #8
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Yes, my irritation at someone being unnecessarily condescending towards a first year for simply asking about a club is due to my forgetting to take my crazy pills. Let's stay on topic, shall we?
You totally hurt my feelings man. Now I won't be able to sleep and go to school tomorrow, I will be thinking about what you said all night man, that's how deep your word touched me man.

Seriously, this is a forum, just because he's in first year he can't expect to ask questions like that without thinking ahead. Also, he should expect people to be critical since this is a forum.

On the topic. Yes, it is a bad idea, and it needs some fix up. Also it got me thinking why there's no voice chat option like TS on Macinsiders.
Old 09-05-2012 at 11:58 PM   #9
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Guys keep the flaming to a minimum. There is nothing wrong with a member who wants to meet up with fellow gamers to play the games he does
Old 09-06-2012 at 12:36 PM   #10
andrew.1

I am not saying that we all have to play COD. I also don't just play COD. We all have our own genres that we like. There can be game nights or days for a specific genre and those who like that genre will attend or can go if you if want to hang out. Anyways, nothing is set in stone, I am just getting everyone's opinion if they would be interested in being involved in a gamers club. And by gamers I mean video gamers.

The group could also simply be made into a social network page where gamers can make friends and find people that are interested in the same games.
Old 09-06-2012 at 12:56 PM   #11
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

There is a McMaster Steam Group but it is not too active. If someone wants to make a Mac Group or MI and then we all play, I am down for that.
Old 09-10-2012 at 10:58 AM   #12
Jman.

Liked: 14 Times

Grog and I sort of run the Steam Group, I provide a TF2 server but I mostly play Dota 2 now. I agree though the group should host more events, it's kind of been left as is for a while since nobody was really interested in playing as a group when we first tried. I think we only got like 8 people for TF2 and played like two rounds.

With CS:GO and Dota 2 out now we might find more people to play.
Old 09-10-2012 at 10:49 PM   #13
andrew.1

Does anyone know if the club the MAC nerds are still operating?
Old 09-10-2012
andrew.1
This message has been removed by a moderator. .