MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Lab/Test Question The Effekt First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-29-2010 02:12 PM
Residence Question Salama Residence & Housing 7 08-23-2010 05:33 PM
Question About Residence.. Rakim Residence & Housing 13 08-12-2010 10:15 PM
residence question. olive First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-12-2010 09:42 PM
residence question kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 02-08-2010 04:23 PM

General Residence Question

Old 08-11-2010 at 10:34 PM   #1
fashionqueen

Liked: 0 Times

General Residence Question
Hey Everyone! I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about the rules on having guests over and sleeping over in your room. Is there anytimes when you can't have guests over or anything? Thanks
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:42 PM   #2
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

cant have overnight guests during frosh week or exams. other than that ur fine as long as its not too many nights in a row.
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:45 PM   #3
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

As a rule theyre allowed to stay for up to 3 consecutive nights and must have a minimum 7 days inbetween stays, although i find that this is rarely enforced. You're guest can be a guy or girl. I believe you're allowed a maximum two guests. On thursday, friday and saturday evenings there is a rez sign in. Sign in is located at the main entrance of your building and is basically people checking for your student card to make sure that you live there. During those nights you sign in your guests, and they must show some form of i.d., whether its their student card or drivers license.

You will not be able to have guests during welcome week and during the exam period.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:46 PM   #4
fashionqueen

Okay thanks do they count frosh week as ending on the Thursday that classes start or does that weekend still count as frosh week?
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:50 PM   #5
ayiri

I have a feeling itll be the full duration of welcome week, from saturday to sunday maybe? I remember last year i tried to get a friend by waiting latee until sign ins were over, and they booked me :p
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:58 PM   #6
fashionqueen

Hahahaha okay that sucks that you got booked lol.
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:59 PM   #7
ayiri

haha yaa we didnt really get in any trouble we just had to wait it out at a friends place til morninggg :p
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:25 AM   #8
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times

ayiri is right. I'm pretty sure the rules apply to all of Welcome Week (Saturday or Sunday, depending on when you move in 'til the following Sunday).
Old 08-12-2010 at 08:41 AM   #9
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

And 'guest' doesnt mean just a friend from back home, it can mean a person from the next residence.

I only knew one person from highschool during the first few days of frosh week, and we spent lots of time together, and i think we saw one of the concerts, then we went to grab a snack, then to walk back to her res to hang out, and it happened to be like 3 minutes past, and they wouldnt let me in.. I was totally bummed.
Old 08-12-2010 at 09:16 AM   #10
pocalyuko

Liked: 9 Times

the rules on frosh week are pretty strict just because they know it's frosh week and everybody is gonna be going nuts and having a good time. I remember this past year me and my roommate stayed up to 3am just waiting for the CA's to leave the front lobby so we could bring people in and sleep over.

By the way, the CA's will be at the front lobby for all of frosh week starting at 9pm-3am
After that, it's only on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays which the CA's will monitor who is being signed in. If you want to have people over on frosh week, just get them in before 9 and you're good to go
Old 08-12-2010 at 09:40 PM   #11
theatreboybr

you can have guests over as long a its okay with your roomie. your allowed 2 people per person. on thrusday friday saturday nights you have to sign them in. your not allowed guests during exams