MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence Question Salama Residence & Housing 7 08-23-2010 05:33 PM
Residence Question: Help Needed zee.u Residence & Housing 13 08-21-2010 07:35 AM
Question About Residence.. Rakim Residence & Housing 13 08-12-2010 10:15 PM
residence question. olive First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-12-2010 09:42 PM
General Residence Question fashionqueen Residence & Housing 10 08-12-2010 09:40 PM

residence question

Old 02-08-2010 at 12:03 AM   #1
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

residence question
I just don't understand why we can't request 3 roomates for a suite for upper years?

Like I have 3 friends that I want to room with but they said I can only pick 1 roomate..... so basically, there's no chance that us 4 will be together in one room , correct?
URGH :(
Old 02-08-2010 at 02:05 AM   #2
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyhan View Post
I just don't understand why we can't request 3 roomates for a suite for upper years?

Like I have 3 friends that I want to room with but they said I can only pick 1 roomate..... so basically, there's no chance that us 4 will be together in one room , correct?
Living off-campus would be the easy solution to your problems...
Old 02-08-2010 at 11:26 AM   #3
mac-gal

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:

I thought to live with 3 of your friends you had to each email housing with the names and student numbers of all of you that want to live together.

At least that's how I understood it worked for first year, so I'm sure it would work similarly for upper years.
Old 02-08-2010 at 11:55 AM   #4
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:

There's four of you, right? So what if you each put a different person's name?

You put Friend #1 on your application. Friend #1 puts Friend #2 on their application. Friend #2 puts Friend #3 on their application. Friend #3 puts you on their application.

I don't know if that makes any sense at all, but do you get where I'm going with this?

Anyway, like someone mentioned above, living off campus would be easier (and probably MUCH cheaper).
Old 02-08-2010 at 12:13 PM   #5
firsty

Liked: 0 Times

how do you [post a thread im new to this and have a diff rez question sorry for tyhe dumb question :(
Old 02-08-2010 at 12:16 PM   #6
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsty View Post
how do you [post a thread im new to this and have a diff rez question sorry for tyhe dumb question :(
Just ask the question here, I'm sure someone will answer
Old 02-08-2010 at 12:17 PM   #7
firsty

What if i need to leave rez but for a good reason , i.e. there is documentation etc , is it too late ? can someone replace me over reading week? also will i get money back for the time im not here
Old 02-08-2010 at 12:29 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
What if i need to leave rez but for a good reason , i.e. there is documentation etc , is it too late ? can someone replace me over reading week? also will i get money back for the time im not here
You may get some money back, but considering how late it is in the year it may not happen. You'll have to talk to someone involved with housing, but I'm not sure if it would be an RM or someone else.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 02-08-2010 at 12:33 PM   #9
firsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
You may get some money back, but considering how late it is in the year it may not happen. You'll have to talk to someone involved with housing, but I'm not sure if it would be an RM or someone else.

would it be taken into consideration that I have triied numerous times to get in touch with me Rm VIA EMAIL , CA , HPA, and going to their office along with numerous phone calls for three weeks now but they havent gotten back
Old 02-08-2010 at 12:53 PM   #10
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
would it be taken into consideration that I have triied numerous times to get in touch with me Rm VIA EMAIL , CA , HPA, and going to their office along with numerous phone calls for three weeks now but they havent gotten back
Who is your RM?
Old 02-08-2010 at 12:56 PM   #11
firsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Who is your RM?
I'd feel bad making that public, but i can say knowing youre a CA in Heddon it's not your RM

Last edited by firsty : 02-08-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2010 at 01:29 PM   #12
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

You can try asking the Admissions office in Commons too if that helps.
Old 02-08-2010 at 01:34 PM   #13
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I'd feel bad making that public, but i can say knowing youre a CA in Heddon it's not your RM
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was calling your RM out or anything. RMs are just usually quite busy and it can be a bit of a pain for CAs to get a hold of them at times let alone students. I was just going to pass along the info to my RM after my next staff meting and have her contact yours for you, rather than having you fruitlessly continue trying to find your RM.

If you still want some help contacting your RM, just leave me a PM and I can help.
Old 02-08-2010 at 01:38 PM   #14
firsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was calling your RM out or anything. RMs are just usually quite busy and it can be a bit of a pain for CAs to get a hold of them at times let alone students. I was just going to pass along the info to my RM after my next staff meting and have her contact yours for you, rather than having you fruitlessly continue trying to find your RM.

If you still want some help contacting your RM, just leave me a PM and I can help.

sorry I shouldnt have read into it like that. thanks for your offer to help , I have an opiniative question , do you think it would just be better to go straight to commons so its not like one rm busting the other . The thing is i dont want to make this a big deal but i really feel i should get some compensation because if i had been contacted back 3 plus weeks ago when i first inquired someone could have moved in in my place
Old 02-08-2010 at 02:05 PM   #15
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
There's four of you, right? So what if you each put a different person's name?

You put Friend #1 on your application. Friend #1 puts Friend #2 on their application. Friend #2 puts Friend #3 on their application. Friend #3 puts you on their application.

I don't know if that makes any sense at all, but do you get where I'm going with this?

Anyway, like someone mentioned above, living off campus would be easier (and probably MUCH cheaper).
As far as I know to be gaurenteed to live with the roommate of your choice you both have to put eachother down on your forms so that wouldn't work.

I'm assuming the reason you can't do it is b/c you can't be gaureenteed a suite, its a lottery that decides which kind of room you get. They can't just give you a suite b/c you want to live with 3 other people.

If talking to someone directly about it doesn't work you could always make it so that 2 of you live in one room and 2 of you live in another. You might not be in the same building but there's nothing stopping you from hanging out in each other's rooms/buildings all together, frequently. Its not the same as all living together but at least you'd each get to live with one other friend.