MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence Question Salama Residence & Housing 7 08-23-2010 05:33 PM
Residence Question: Help Needed zee.u Residence & Housing 13 08-21-2010 07:35 AM
Question About Residence.. Rakim Residence & Housing 13 08-12-2010 10:15 PM
residence question. olive First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 08-12-2010 09:42 PM
General Residence Question fashionqueen Residence & Housing 10 08-12-2010 09:40 PM

residence question

Old 02-08-2010 at 04:20 PM   #16
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsty View Post
sorry I shouldnt have read into it like that. thanks for your offer to help , I have an opiniative question , do you think it would just be better to go straight to commons so its not like one rm busting the other . The thing is i dont want to make this a big deal but i really feel i should get some compensation because if i had been contacted back 3 plus weeks ago when i first inquired someone could have moved in in my place
Contact Cathie Miller at the Housing and Conference Office. She is the director, and if you have a legitimate reason to leave, she will push it through. It's unacceptable for your RM to not get back to you after this long, and this many attempts at different forms of communication. Her e-mail address is [email protected], and her extension is 24036.

firsty says thanks to sniderj for this post.
Old 02-08-2010 at 04:23 PM   #17
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

As for the issue presented by the OP, the reason they do not allow you to choose more than one roommate is so that a whole group of people doesn't get a "free pass" into Keyes. Especially if one person has like a 12 average, and they might be guaranteed a spot in Keyes, they don't want you being able to bring ALL of your friends along for the ride. Similarly, if one person wins the lottery and gets Keyes, they don't want them bringing all their friends in that way either.

The suggestion Kathy2 made regarding the circular roommate selection doesn't work, because if I remember correctly, for the matching to work, each person in the pair has to list the other person as their requested roommate.