MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geog 1HB3 AnguishedEnd 1st Year Course Reviews 33 09-23-2013 12:31 PM
Should I take Geog 1HB3, Geog 1 HA3, or Health Age 1BB3 gabbynelly First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 07-30-2012 09:32 PM
geog 1HB3 yum24 General Discussion 1 09-13-2011 08:13 PM

GEOG 1hb3

Old 09-12-2012 at 08:06 PM   #1
ShockValue

Liked: 5 Times

GEOG 1hb3
Can anyone whose recently taken the course shed some light on how important is it to buy the textbook and courseware?
Old 09-12-2012 at 08:25 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockValue View Post
Can anyone whose recently taken the course shed some light on how important is it to buy the textbook and courseware?
Textbook: It was very important, at least to me. I used it to create my own notes because I found the skeleton notes the professor provided, even after filling those out, I was still missing a lot of information.

Courseware: I believe this isn't optional as you need it for the labs.

ShockValue says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 09-12-2012 at 08:31 PM   #3
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I believe you need the courseweare for assignments. Depending on how easy you get geography, I wouldn't get the textbook unless you struggle through it. I bought it and didn't use it

ShockValue says thanks to Snowman for this post.
Old 09-12-2012 at 08:42 PM   #4
ShockValue

Liked: 5 Times

Did you guys have Peace as your prof?

He's been ok so far. His lectures do seem pretty thorough and informative although I'm just basing this on a couple of lectures I've attended so far. That's why I'm a bit skeptical on buying the textbook.
Old 09-12-2012 at 08:45 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I had Mercier so not sure if that is too much different since I have never had Peace...
Old 09-12-2012 at 08:59 PM   #6
forever0zero

Liked: 39 Times

you need the courseware for the tutorial. textbook is optional, could be useful for some of the assignments, but it pretty much contains info a google search can provide

ShockValue says thanks to forever0zero for this post.
Old 09-12-2012 at 08:59 PM   #7
bobthehorse

Liked: 1 Time

Pretty sure courseware is required.

I had Mercier so I can't comment on Peace but I know for a fact that part of the midterm and final questions were from the book and not lecture.

ShockValue says thanks to bobthehorse for this post.
Old 09-12-2012 at 09:23 PM   #8
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

There are some written questions on the midterm and exam that are strictly based on the textbook.

Peace even gives you the page numbers of the stuff which is testable but not covered in lecture.