Religion 2M03 Lizz87 2nd Year Course Reviews 5 06-09-2014 01:12 PM
religion electives help! maryam17 Academics 2 06-22-2009 08:06 AM

Geography and religion and langauges

Old 11-13-2007 at 02:23 AM   #1
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Geography and religion and langauges
how are these courses like in terms of marking scheme.

Im looking for something that gives participation marks and spreads out the mark by having various tests and/or assignments....

how is peace/war studies that also interests me.
Old 01-03-2008 at 08:56 AM   #2
athyrai

Liked: 0 Times

Well, it really depends on the course. You should go to the department websites and look through the course outlines to see which ones have a marking scheme you like.
Old 01-04-2008 at 06:53 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Yikes! Apparently this post got lost! Sorry Goce!

As athyrai said, it really depends on the course.

For example, I took first year Spanish last year, while my housemate was taking first year French. The marking schemes were completely different; we had many more tests, and our notebook work was marked, for example.

And I know a lot of language courses are considered full-year classes, so I'm not so sure as to how many you could take for term 2. Also, Mac is apparently getting rid/phasing out all languages besides French after this year...so you may not be able to take any this summer or next year.

The level of course will also make the course layout differ. First year religion courses would differ from second or third year classes too; second year classes assume you have knowlege from first year classes. Also, they may have smaller classes, thus more written work...it really depends as to what courses you are looking at before anyone can really help you out, I'm afraid.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement