Religion 2M03 Lizz87 2nd Year Course Reviews 5 06-09-2014 01:12 PM
Religion on campus jo87 General Discussion 223 04-02-2010 04:06 PM
Philosophy and Religion electives voracious Academics 1 06-13-2008 08:42 AM

religion electives help!

Old 06-21-2009 at 11:29 PM   #1
maryam17

Liked: 2 Times

religion electives help!
Hey im a kin student going into my second year and am looking for electives which are "easy" and can boost up my GPA.

Which is easier?

REL 2YY3 : Bible and Film

OR

REL 2M03: Death & Dying

-I know there is no such thing as an easy course, i've heard it before, but i mean like if i do the work and try to do well the outcome would be a double digit mark?

thanks
Old 06-22-2009 at 12:09 AM   #2
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

i took 2YY3 last year and it was a great course.
We watched one movie each week (i.e., Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, Da Vinci Code etc.) and then there would be a lecture about how the bible was involved in the film.
There was a mid term (multiple choice, fill in the black) of the first 4 or 5 movies and the final exam (multiple choice, fill in the blanks) covered the remaining movies. There was also a paper on one of the movies we watched (3-5 pages)

I really enjoyed this course... I recommend it 100%!!!

(check out the last years course outline at http://www.socsci.mcmaster.c a/rels...0current. pdf)
Old 06-22-2009 at 08:06 AM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I was enrolled in Bible and Film but dropped for reasons besides the content of this course. I know and respect that people of various religions can also in enroll in this course. However, I found it rather disrespectful when I overheard a fellow classmate ask why he had to read the "stupid" Bible. It's called Bible and film and while you do watch movies you also need to read the Bible. I did take Death and Dying (both of them in fact). I really enjoyed both classes. It opens your eyes about death. They aren't bird courses but it's not hard to do well in them. It does require a lot of work though. For 2M03 I wrote a 30 page paper, a 5 page analysis and had to do an art piece and that was only the final assignment. There were also A LOT of readings. Nevertheless, I really did enjoy the course.