MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rez water cjdzl Residence & Housing 74 10-18-2010 01:13 AM
HH Tap Water goodnews.inc General Discussion 3 04-13-2010 06:13 PM
Hamilton Tap Water TMBGiants General Discussion 52 09-07-2009 09:47 PM
hot water salad13 General Discussion 8 03-16-2009 10:35 PM
McMaster Career Services launches all-new student blog: Water Cooler Gossip MPett Jobs & Employment Tips 0 11-10-2008 08:30 PM

Where to get a water cooler?

Old 03-09-2011 at 03:55 AM   #16
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Desda thinks the ppl in the Hamilton water ad are fat. Desda uses a coffee maker to boil her water.
Old 03-09-2011 at 08:35 AM   #17
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I drink from the tap and am fine...
for the most part
What dirty places do you people live that you have crappy water? Mines clean, fresh, and wonderful.
Old 03-09-2011 at 10:39 AM   #18
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

I wonder if its a mental perception that is making people sick too. Caused I swear, I havn't change this Brita filter in like forever, yet not one complain about how bad the water is (even when it is purely tap water).
Old 03-09-2011 at 11:13 AM   #19
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post

They look like they enjoy Hamilton Tap Water.

This might be the worst marketing ever.

mcmasterrrrr likes this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 05:05 PM   #20
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

No, weve been using the brita for a while and it has been fine but the other day our water went yellow and nasty and since then even though it went clear again the water seems to be making us sick. And this has been for over a week now
Old 03-09-2011 at 05:13 PM   #21
Clematis

Liked: Liked 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
No, weve been using the brita for a while and it has been fine but the other day our water went yellow and nasty and since then even though it went clear again the water seems to be making us sick. And this has been for over a week now
This happened at my house too. Do you live in Westdale? The city of Hamilton came around and told us there was a broken water line that they were fixing and that they had to turn the water off for a bit. When we turned it back on it was a bit yellow, but ours is allll good now.
Old 03-09-2011 at 05:58 PM   #22
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
Hamilton water is disgustingggggggggggg ggggggg
Hamilton water is probably top 10 in the country.
Old 03-09-2011 at 06:00 PM   #23
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

No i live downtown in a apartment building. The water is back to normal but its still making us sick to our stomachs.
Old 03-09-2011 at 07:42 PM   #24
camais

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
No i live downtown in a apartment building. The water is back to normal but its still making us sick to our stomachs.
This happens when they change piping and stuff. The pipes they change have colored die in them so they can check if the repairs were done right. Happened in my building once or twice before. Granted they used black in my building. Yellow would probably send the wrong information
Old 03-09-2011 at 08:04 PM   #25
Ashlie

Liked: 10 Times

The company I work at has a cooler and gets a new bottle delivered weekly for a fair price. I'm not sure if they have a rental option for the cooler itself but you could try contacting them anyways. good luck!

Long Life Water Distillers
720 Upper James St.
(905) 389-2231
Old 03-09-2011 at 11:12 PM   #26
mkozi

Liked: 100 Times

I agree that if the water tastes bad it is very likely the pipes that are the problem. Hamilton has fantastic water quality.

For example: “Ontario has the highest standards in the world related to drinking water. Strict monitoring, sampling, and testing procedures and regulations, have created an extremely safe and reliable system. Hamilton has high quality raw water sources and a filtration system that produces water that consistently exceeds Ontario’s standards”
(City of Hamilton, 2011).

McMaster had a problem with the pipes of some of its older buildings affecting the water quality so they installed filter fountain stations. A Brita filter is a great idea for home if your water tastes funny, and water on campus is of superb quality.

For more information on tap water and why to move away from bottled water, see this thread and the website.