MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM
phone number Hamilton or Oakville cjdzl Computers & Tech 26 09-04-2010 10:40 PM
Rogers LCA change --> oakville numbers Duarch Computers & Tech 34 12-15-2009 02:17 PM
Hamilton vs Oakville number VoyozooT General Discussion 42 09-30-2009 09:33 PM
question about getting oakville number VoyozooT General Discussion 33 08-28-2009 11:41 PM

Getting to McMaster from Oakville

Old 08-21-2008 at 10:50 PM   #1
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Getting to McMaster from Oakville
I'm gonna be commuting and I plan to use bus/train. I was wondering if some people could give me advice on how I should do so. I'm already of aware of some possible solutions, but any extra advice would be pretty helpful.
Old 08-21-2008 at 10:54 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

I assume then you live closer to the Oakville GO Station, and thus will be planning on taking the Lakeshore line?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-22-2008 at 04:34 PM   #3
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Depends on where in Oak you live. If you live in the Northwest (closer to Burlington) like me, you can take the HWY 407 GO Bus or Train/Bus from Bronte Station orrrr you can take the Train/Bus from Oakville GO.

Old 08-22-2008 at 04:47 PM   #4
SaraM

Liked: 0 Times

i live closer to the miss. side, so i always got dropped off at clarkson station, go trained it, and then caught the bus to mac either at burlington, or aldershot.. depending on the time of day.

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 08-22-2008 at 07:22 PM   #5
[email protected]

Can anyone from mississauga tell me how to get to Mac through GO? like how long will it take? do i have to switch over to and from another place? lol details please.

thanks.
Old 08-22-2008 at 07:51 PM   #6
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

I took the GO bus from the Oakville carpool lot (its on Trafalgar where the 407 is) for my first 2 years. Basically, the bus comes every half an hour, and drops you off right on campus, and tons of people take it....it takes about half an hour.

If youre going from the GO station in Oakville, you take the train to Burlington GO station (or Aldershot, I cant remember which exactly...but its the last stop) and when you get there, there are busses waiting for you to take you right to campus as well...I've taken this route before and it took me a few minutes more then the 407 bus..

If youre going from Mississauga there are expresses running almost all the time from Square one to the campus non-stop...it probably takes around half an hour as well because there are no stops
Old 08-22-2008 at 08:28 PM   #7
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

How long does it usually take to get to the McMaster Bus terminal after you're done classes?
Old 08-22-2008 at 08:37 PM   #8
Alistair
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotic View Post
How long does it usually take to get to the McMaster Bus terminal after you're done classes?
That depends on how fast you walk and where on campus you are. Fortunately, the Burlington-Union bus doesn't leave until :45 so you have 25 minutes to get to the bus terminal because classes end at :20.
Old 08-23-2008 at 12:44 AM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline54 View Post
If youre going from the GO station in Oakville, you take the train to Burlington GO station (or Aldershot, I cant remember which exactly...but its the last stop) and when you get there, there are busses waiting for you to take you right to campus as well...I've taken this route before and it took me a few minutes more then the 407 bus..
Depending on what time of day you take the Lakeshore line is whether the transfer is at Burlington or Aldershot. Off-peak hours is Aldershot.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement