MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is a minor really? MacAttk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-11-2010 05:44 AM
Sociology Minor l0nd0n Academics 1 06-14-2010 05:56 PM
GIS Minor: How do I go about getting one? huzaifa47 Academics 8 04-18-2010 02:19 PM
Minor in Finance John H General Discussion 23 10-10-2009 12:11 AM
Minor in Kin? notredame Academics 3 01-18-2009 05:18 PM

Getting a Minor

Old 03-08-2011 at 10:33 PM   #1
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Getting a Minor
Hey guys, just wondering what the general opinion on getting a minor is.

My issue is that I have the chance to complete a Psych minor, but I'd have to take three more courses. I'll be away for the first half of the summer, so Term 1 summer school is out of the question. I could do Term 2 summer school, but that's just painful. But even if I did a course over the summer, completing the minor would still be iffy because I'm in Nursing and our schedule has never been the best for taking good electives. I believe I do have the option of taking online courses - which I'll probably look into.

But the question is, is getting a minor worth it? If I don't pursue a minor anymore, I'd have a lesser course load for my last year (and that would be amazing). Not quite sure if I'll need it for Nursing grad school either..