Getting up early - any advises?

Old 11-01-2010 at 09:40 AM   #16
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/9171/

The same design has been copied by like a million companies, so it shouldn't be hard to find an even cheaper asian knock-off. lol
<3 Think Geek.

<12char>
Old 11-01-2010 at 09:49 AM   #17
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Getting up early tips? Drink water right before you go to bed, have 3 sets of alarms that go off one minute apart. I have cell phone, older cell phone and alarm clock. one each minute = enough aggravation, plus KNOWING it WILL happen after waking up to the first makes you get up.

aya017, camais, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 11-01-2010 at 11:19 AM   #18
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Getting up early tips? Drink water right before you go to bed, have 3 sets of alarms that go off one minute apart. I have cell phone, older cell phone and alarm clock. one each minute = enough aggravation, plus KNOWING it WILL happen after waking up to the first makes you get up.
Agreed! But when I sleep late with early classes the next day, I make sure to set an alarm that's like 10-15 minutes after JUST in case I don't get up the first couple of times =/.. You never know right XD..
Old 11-01-2010 at 12:40 PM   #19
lilkarina

Liked: 8 Times

My roommate had an alarm clock that shot up shapes that you need to put back in place (kinda like pop up perfection) only thing is sometimes it would land between her bed and the wall and it was really hard to get the shapes. She'd have to slide her bed away from the wall to find the pieces.

Afzal likes this.
Old 11-01-2010 at 01:34 PM   #20
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/9171/

The same design has been copied by like a million companies, so it shouldn't be hard to find an even cheaper asian knock-off. lol
I bought one of these off of ebay on Saturday. $10 from China...fingers crossed that border fees don't screw me over! (I've never done the whole ebay thing before...)
Old 11-01-2010 at 01:38 PM   #21
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Your best bet is to just get up at the same time every day...forever. That way your body is just use to always getting up at that time, regardless of what time you sleep. -- Works for me
Old 11-01-2010 at 01:40 PM   #22
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Your best bet is to just get up at the same time every day...forever. That way your body is just use to always getting up at that time, regardless of what time you sleep. -- Works for me
I used to do that so that I could watch Rocky and Bullwinkle show each morning at like 630. But not practical for most people that like to stay up late, or have classes that don't always start early.

camais likes this.
Old 11-01-2010 at 01:42 PM   #23
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
I used to do that so that I could watch Rocky and Bullwinkle show each morning at like 630. But not practical for most people that like to stay up late, or have classes that don't always start early.
Im up at 7:30 every day, regarldess of what time my classes start. Although my latest class is at 9:30 which occurs once a week. But yeah anyways, I sleep at random times, anytime between 12-4. Still seems to work fine for me. Tired when im up but once I leave the house and the fresh air hits me, im just loaded with energy
Old 11-01-2010 at 01:57 PM   #24
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Don't go to sleep.

aya017, Desda like this.
Old 11-01-2010 at 02:12 PM   #25
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Have you tried setting alarm on your ipod and hook it up with an external speaker like Altec Lansing that you can get through eBay for about $30? Make sure that it is far from you bed and hard for you to press snooze or else you'd be asleep. I had the same problem before but this works!

mcmull19 likes this.
Old 11-01-2010 at 03:42 PM   #26
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

If I'm up at 530am or later, i just stay up all night. I usually sleep at 5 though. But yeah. Try the alarm clock on ur phone. Ive found it to be louder than any alarm [email protected][email protected]; it just blasts music that I hate and i wake up...so do my roommates.
Old 11-01-2010 at 03:44 PM   #27
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
If I'm up at 530am or later, i just stay up all night. I usually sleep at 5 though. But yeah. Try the alarm clock on ur phone. Ive found it to be louder than any alarm c[email protected][email protected]; it just blasts music that I hate and i wake up...so do my roommates.
Ya my phone alarm for some reason is louder than my alarm clock....
Old 11-01-2010 at 08:39 PM   #28
camais

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Used to work for me until my parents+roommates would yell at me when i started sleeping through the first two...

I tried getting my sisters to wake me up before they go to school. Turns out that I can subconsciously open my eyes, get up, and respond "yes im awake" before plopping back to sleep and never recalling the moment (or so my sisters tell me)

What does help is waking up to a warm room. Many a times I've woken up, felt the cold, went back under my blanket and slept until it was warmer.
I do stay up if I promised to be somewhere like work. Maybe start promising to meet people for something important in the morning. Though it has to be reliable people that will be there and you have to feel guilty if you are not.

Last edited by camais : 11-01-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2010 at 08:59 PM   #29
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Dont only put the alarm across the room, but put it in an irritating place, such as atop a shelf or behind something.

If you live in a house full of people, ask someone to dump cold water on you. You'll be so full of rage, you won't even care about anything else.
Old 11-01-2010 at 09:02 PM   #30
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Just become a fish. They don't sleep.