Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solar - can I get in early? Ruggedman Academics 10 07-03-2008 10:01 PM

Getting up early - any advises?

Old 11-01-2010 at 09:12 PM   #31
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Math Alarm Clock + REALLY HARD calculus & graph questions = ultimate rage when waking up.

I have it on my phone, it doesn't let me silence it, snooze or dismiss until I've solved a preset number of questions and there's no way to shut it (well there is but for that, I'd have to open the taskpanel and kill it and that's even more hard work)

But now, I've gotten tired of exercising my brain in the morning so I solve only 1 simple arithmetic problem and go back to sleep

Old 11-01-2010 at 10:29 PM   #32
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Math Alarm Clock + REALLY HARD calculus & graph questions = ultimate rage when waking up.

I have it on my phone, it doesn't let me silence it, snooze or dismiss until I've solved a preset number of questions and there's no way to shut it (well there is but for that, I'd have to open the taskpanel and kill it and that's even more hard work)

But now, I've gotten tired of exercising my brain in the morning so I solve only 1 simple arithmetic problem and go back to sleep
This is actually the greatest nerderific idea ever

Old 11-02-2010 at 01:17 AM   #33
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post

Teach me how to do this...I really like this idea. Legit. I have a Sony Ericsson phone.
Old 11-02-2010 at 02:32 AM   #34
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
This is actually the greatest nerderific idea ever
Waking me up is REALLY hard. Sometimes I even sleep though the whole course of the alarm....which is...till I wake up 2 hours later or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Teach me how to do this...I really like this idea. Legit. I have a Sony Ericsson phone.
Which Sony Ericsson phone? My phone's an Android. There's an iPhone app too but I doubt it has the difficulty level I'm taking about

There's also shake alarm for which you have to shake your phone for like 2 to 5 minutes but I think that's pure waste of time really.

Edit: I might have exaggerated a bit, no calculus or graph questions but when waking up the hardest difficulty really makes you want to kill the alarm somehow.

Last edited by Afzal : 11-02-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-02-2010 at 07:31 AM   #35
vkozina

Liked: 6 Times

put the alarm at the opposite side of the room so you have to lv bed to turn it off, then you're up! lol
Old 11-02-2010 at 10:49 PM   #36
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkozina View Post
put the alarm at the opposite side of the room so you have to lv bed to turn it off, then you're up! lol
I tried this

I'd get out of bed in a huff, slam the snooze button and just walk right back to sleep LMAO

Old 11-02-2010 at 11:09 PM   #37
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I tried this

I'd get out of bed in a huff, slam the snooze button and just walk right back to sleep LMAO
Ah, same! It used to work.. but then you just become immune to it.. Sometimes I even get up, walk all the way across the room, turn it off.. and recall NONE of it later DX
Old 11-02-2010 at 11:33 PM   #38
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

'Kay this thread has been at the top of the 'Recent threads' for quite a while due to frequent posting, and the title is annoying the hell out of me.

It's advice. Not advises. Please change it or I'll get an aneurism.
Old 11-02-2010 at 11:42 PM   #39
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkozina View Post
I don't trust my hearing enough to attempt this. Every weekend I forget to turn off my daily morning alarm (10am ) and so my cell phone would scream for hours on the other side of my room before I notice what the damn sound is lol.

On the other hand, anyone else get habituated to the sound of the alarm and not be able to "hear" it after a few months and have to change the tone?

I even sometimes change it because I end up hating a particular tone (I blame the tone for making me get up )...although it does serve as a great motivator for not hitting snooze (since you would have to hear that damn sound again!).
Old 11-03-2010 at 12:08 AM   #40
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
It's advice. Not advises. Please change it or I'll get an aneurism.
It's aneurysm not aneurism. If you're going to be the spelling police, check if any words in your post are underlined in read before you hit submit. Also, you'll need one of these:

Welcome to the force, rookie!

Last edited by Replekia : 11-03-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-03-2010 at 12:12 AM   #41
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

1. Crush on a girl/guy (whichever way u swing) who has morning classes
2. Figure out where the buildings of those classes are
3. Wake up early so you can "coincidentally" walk by that building
4. Strike a conversation and lead into meeting up later after class
5. ????
6. Profit

...joking.
Old 11-03-2010 at 12:18 AM   #42
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
It's aneurysm not aneurism. If you're going to be the spelling police, check if any words in your post are underlined in read before you hit submit. Also, you'll need one of these:

It's spelt both ways >.<
Old 11-03-2010 at 12:19 AM   #43
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post

wait...did you just make a mistake while correcting someone who was correcting a mistake?

I N C E P T I O N
Old 11-03-2010 at 12:24 AM   #44
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farid View Post
wait...did you just make a mistake while correcting someone who was correcting a mistake?

I N C E P T I O N
wow he failed twice in correcting a correction.
Old 11-03-2010 at 12:32 AM   #45
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
It's spelt both ways >.<
Aneurysm is the medically accepted norm, even your spell checker agrees with that. Aneurism is an older word which is being phased out. Furthermore spelt is not the past tense of spell. You mean spelled. You learned that one in grade school. But yea, I made a typo while correcting you. Typo =/= spelling mistake. I'm suspending you grammar police badge.

Last edited by Replekia : 11-03-2010 at 12:38 AM.