MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Telus Service Charbs Computers & Tech 34 10-03-2010 10:48 PM
Hey Commuters - Go Service Changes sew12 Automotive & Transportation 8 08-31-2010 01:09 AM
Service Learning Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 5 02-26-2010 11:44 AM
Service Fest '09 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-10-2009 12:20 PM
Refrigerator Repair Service? Allan Residence & Housing 1 09-22-2008 10:41 PM

GK Kenya - Service Learning Book Drive

Do you have unwanted first or second year textbooks/novels?

Golden Key is sending a group of 5 McMaster students to Kenya on a service learning trip. They will be working at Rukira Day Secondary School which opened to provide educational opportunities in rural Kenya to children who would not be able to afford other secondary schools.

Since this school is in need of textbooks, we will have a table in the Student Centre across from Compass to collect any books that students can donate on April 8th from 9:30-3:30. We will also have baked goods for purchase.

If you have any questions, please send them to the Global Relations Director at [email protected] ail.com

Fight0 says thanks to Lois for this post.

Fight0, Mowicz like this.
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 04-09-2010 at 08:52 AM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Given all my contempt for Golden Key and all its con-artist-ery, I still think this is a cute idea.

Unfortunately, my textbooks are like my children...we've bonded. :p But nah, I refer back to my first/second year texts all the time.

Old 04-09-2010 at 05:19 PM   #3
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times
Thanks Mike. It is Mike right?

And, it's definitely understandable that you'd want to keep your textbooks if you're still using them.

We've left the box near the table in front of Compass (The homemade one covered in construction paper and glitter glue ... haha) in case people still have exams and were unable to donate.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search