MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Commuters - Go Service Changes sew12 Automotive & Transportation 8 08-31-2010 01:09 AM
TELUS OR ROGERS for Iphone 4? maryam17 Computers & Tech 29 07-31-2010 11:28 PM
Service Learning Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 5 02-26-2010 11:44 AM
telus celphone zzongmellong General Discussion 3 10-09-2009 10:32 PM
Service Fest '09 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-10-2009 12:20 PM

Telus Service

Old 09-20-2010 at 11:13 AM   #1
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Telus Service
Has anyone noticed problems with TELUS cell service on campus lately?
and no.. I dont want to hear "telus sucks" or "all cell service sucks" ...thanks but that doesn't answer my question...

I have had telus for 4 years and never had issues with service, all last year on campus i always had service (unless in a basement somewhere of course sometimes it didn't work) ....
but this past week or so, even when I'm outside or in building where I used to have service, I have problems now.

I can't make calls half the time, texts won't send,and bbm won't send msgs? so when I turn it off and take out the battery, and restart it...it works, until about 5 mins later it starts acting up again.... and I'm noticing its only when I'm on mac campus, anywhere else...don't have this problem

Anyone else noticing this or having issues like this?
Old 09-20-2010 at 12:11 PM   #2
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

Hahaha... I am actually on the phone with telus right now because I have no service on campus.

everytime I try and make a call it says call failed... and text messages never go through. its starting to tick me off
Old 09-20-2010 at 12:33 PM   #3
doug

Liked: 82 Times

I use Rogers and how zero problems with service last year, but this year I'm losing a signal almost every 5 steps!!!
Old 09-20-2010 at 12:39 PM   #4
carrka

on the phone with telus right now and the guy said the more people that call in and complain the faster this issue will be resolved! so try calling in and see what happens... from a landline phone
Old 09-20-2010 at 01:00 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Yes.

I went to the store on friday and they said it will be fixed by monday.. what a load of crap. We all need to go in and riot!
Old 09-20-2010 at 01:03 PM   #6
eric_3490

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrka View Post
on the phone with telus right now and the guy said the more people that call in and complain the faster this issue will be resolved! so try calling in and see what happens... from a landline phone
Are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic? lol

Old 09-20-2010 at 01:09 PM   #7
carrka

no i dont think so... he seemed really helpful. it makes sense through... the more people that call in and ***** about something the faster they will resolve it so they dont have to hear these people complain right?
Old 09-20-2010 at 01:42 PM   #8
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

my bell phone does this every weekday, starting from around 11 30 ending at about 4
im just so used to it now, that i use that time to get more work done
but this is actually bullshit, im not paying for no service
Old 09-20-2010 at 01:44 PM   #9
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

for some reason this year a lot of people are having problems with the big three on campus while people using Wind Mobile and Chatr (which uses the Rogers Network) don't seem to be having these same issues

resh.jyoti likes this.
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:30 PM   #10
Charbs

hm well I'll be sure to try calling tomorrow then and seeing what happens..
it's definately only when Im on campus, and only during the day, after class at 730 today it was working fine...

but it's definately annoying, Im wanting to text people to meet up with them after classes and such and never can get through
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:32 PM   #11
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

What sort of phone do you have? Do you know if you're on Telus old CDMA network or on the new shared Bell / Telus HSPA network? You're most likely on the latter if you've bought a new Iphone / high end smartphone from Telus in the last year and have a data plan.
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:41 PM   #12
jangh2

Liked: 0 Times

SAME! it started being weird since last week.. It usually works in the morning and night (I live on campus). During the day though (from around 2-6 it does not make/receive calls or texts). I called them 3 times last week. All they did was give me a 'ticket number'
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:45 PM   #13
Charbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsahota View Post
What sort of phone do you have? Do you know if you're on Telus old CDMA network or on the new shared Bell / Telus HSPA network? You're most likely on the latter if you've bought a new Iphone / high end smartphone from Telus in the last year and have a data plan.

Yeah its a new blackberry with the SIM Card on the new network... I only got the phone in May-ish...
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:55 PM   #14
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Called them today and spoke to the manager in charge of receptions and signal issues. He said there is literally nothing they can/will do. It is probably an HSPA issue, since phones on CDMA are working fine.

Nice work TELUS. You Suck.
Old 09-20-2010 at 08:00 PM   #15
Charbs

that's ridiculous, they never mentioned when i got the new phone that I wasnt gonna get service that I got before? isn't it supposed to be a 'better' network?!

EFF!