MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Commuters - Go Service Changes sew12 Automotive & Transportation 8 08-31-2010 01:09 AM
TELUS OR ROGERS for Iphone 4? maryam17 Computers & Tech 29 07-31-2010 11:28 PM
Service Learning Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 5 02-26-2010 11:44 AM
telus celphone zzongmellong General Discussion 3 10-09-2009 10:32 PM
Service Fest '09 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-10-2009 12:20 PM

Telus Service

Old 09-20-2010 at 08:01 PM   #16
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Ahh, I'm with TELUS too and ever since school started everyday on campus I have lost service and not been able to text, call or use my data. I'm pissed at them and bitching tomorrow. I called them too and they said they don't know what the problem could be.
Old 09-20-2010 at 08:08 PM   #17
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Called them today and spoke to the manager in charge of receptions and signal issues. He said there is literally nothing they can/will do. It is probably an HSPA issue, since phones on CDMA are working fine.

Nice work TELUS. You Suck.
Ouch that's terrible. My only other suggestion is to call and claim you're going to cancel your service (despite the cancellation fee) and switch to wind since you've heard wind works fine on campus. They'll then put you through to retention and you should be able to get some free services or reduced fees or free months from them. Telus's retention people generally roll over pretty easily if you present a solid case. If you look up plans from other companies and have quotes it will help you negotiate. If you don't convince them to give you anything you're under no obligation to cancel and can just end the call and try again in another week or two.

Its not really a solution, but at least it could save you some money for having to deal with it.
Old 09-21-2010 at 11:16 AM   #18
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Yep still happening today... it works onthe way up from M lot...and its like as soon as I get past the GO bus area... bam, nothing works....

I don't know what to do? I just signed another contract, and if they aren't going to do anything about it? I spend a lot of time on campus, I want a phone that works here.... eff
hate cell phones
Old 09-21-2010 at 05:53 PM   #19
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

I'm with Telus on their older network with a slightly older BlackBerry and my service is just fine.
Old 09-21-2010 at 06:02 PM   #20
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.O View Post
I'm with Telus on their older network with a slightly older BlackBerry and my service is just fine.
CDMA is fine.

Yeah, still having issues today on campus. Slightly better, but I was still cutoff for a good 2-3 hours. Usually Thode-area is no-go.
Old 09-21-2010 at 06:27 PM   #21
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

i called customer service again today and talked to a bunch of different because they kept passing me on... really starting to piss me off.... the guy said it was a service issue nothing they can do. it can take a week to months to fix :@ and after i asked him if I could switch to the old network or if there is anything they can do so I can have service on campus he said there is nothing that they can do we just have to wait...and he HUNG UP ON ME
TELUS IS NOT COOL!!!!!
Old 09-21-2010 at 06:47 PM   #22
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

I'm with Virgin Mobile (so Bell network), and I have pretty much the same issue. iPhone 4 on HSPA network as well. My phone doesn't say "Searching" or "No Signal," in fact it will show signal strength just fine, but texts won't be properly sent, I can't make or receive calls, and obviously cellular data also doesn't work. This is over most of the campus, in some places it works fine though. And it does seem to start sometime later in the morning, I've never had an issue anywhere on campus first thing in the morning. Really irritating...
Old 09-21-2010 at 06:52 PM   #23
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

it just seems so strange that its strictly ON campus... not even around campus... but only ON CAMPUS and only during the same time range every day on weekdays...

if it was a no service issue wouldn't it be all the time?

it doesn't make sense?

and like you just mentioned, it's not like I have no service... I have full bars, but nothing sends through??
Old 09-21-2010 at 06:55 PM   #24
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I had Rogers many years ago, and everytime I walked inside a building the service died. Then I had FIDO pay as you go, and same story. Now I have Virgin, and my reception is fine...but I'm getting charged for unanswered calls, so it's not much better. My friend on the same network with a blackberry has issues however.

Ih.....e.....*twitche s* Telus sucks.

I held out as long as I could. ):

EDIT: Actually I may have an issue with unsent texts, come to think of it...I'll give them a call.
Old 09-21-2010 at 06:59 PM   #25
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
it just seems so strange that its strictly ON campus... not even around campus... but only ON CAMPUS and only during the same time range every day on weekdays...

if it was a no service issue wouldn't it be all the time?

it doesn't make sense?

and like you just mentioned, it's not like I have no service... I have full bars, but nothing sends through??
Its just network congestion. There's a maximum number of devices which can be supported on a physical channel. Because of all of the devices on campus, that limit is apparently being exceeded on a daily basis. Your signal strength shows up fine because you can receive plenty of signal, you're just not able to get an available channel.
Old 09-21-2010 at 07:18 PM   #26
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblomfield View Post
I use Rogers and how zero problems with service last year, but this year I'm losing a signal almost every 5 steps!!!

That's weird, because Fido is under Rogers and i have service just about everywhere, except for the basement tunnels sometimes.
Old 09-23-2010 at 08:05 PM   #27
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

CDMA is a bitch but I know places on campus where you can get MDMA.
Old 09-24-2010 at 05:54 AM   #28
david_08

Liked: 0 Times

Im with bell on the new 3G network and Im having tons of problems so far. At mac I'm having the same problems as you guys. Between 10 and 4 approx, I cannot send texts or recieve them (they come in all at once at various points in the day) and when I dial out it the call will end immediately and say "Call Ended". Its so fustratin
Old 09-24-2010 at 10:17 AM   #29
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

yeah i went into bell yesterday and they said anything on the 3g network and above are going to have problems - that explains why not everyone is having the same problem

but the funny part is, i asked the guy how long theyve known about this, and why they didnt say anything, and he told me that he wasnt even aware until people started phoning in.

but now that im thinking about it, just being on campus
what is mcmaster is like... doing a test on us
it is a researching school... hmmmm
Old 09-25-2010 at 11:58 AM   #30
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

I'm with Chatr, and it's working perfectly everywhere, even in the basements and I get 1 bar in the elevators in most residences I just picked up at Chatr SIM card and I'm using it with an iPhone 3G