MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
student/Mac ID Elivs.L First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-31-2010 09:45 AM
Jian Ghomeshi @ MAC - Discount Coupon temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 4 09-30-2009 02:53 PM
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM
Discount Greyhound Trips! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 06-03-2008 04:27 PM

Go Bus student discount

Old 09-07-2009 at 03:51 PM   #1
lululand

Liked: 0 Times

Go Bus student discount
My friend bought her monthly pass yesterday from square one. She showed her mcmaster student id card with HSR sticker but she still didn't get any discount. Does any one know why?
Old 09-07-2009 at 04:06 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Did she ask for a student ticket?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-07-2009 at 04:10 PM   #3
lululand

She asked for student monthly pass
Old 09-07-2009
Ivan Q.
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-07-2009 at 04:13 PM   #4
lululand

she bought a student monthly pass but when she showed her mac id card with HSR sticker, they didnt give her a discount
Old 09-07-2009 at 04:15 PM   #5
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Don't you just use your student card inorder to be allowed to buy student passes and there's no discount on top of that?
Old 09-07-2009 at 04:20 PM   #6
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

i think she might need to get the GO student card, u can do it by going on MUGSI and clicking non-academic services and clicking on the button where it says something about the GO Student card. atleast it was like that last year, and u cud pick it up later at mac. But this year i bought mine too for the month of sept. and they didnt ask me for any kind of ID. I'd suggest taking some kind of bagpack or student related 'accessories' with u so that they give u the pass w/o asking for any id
Old 09-07-2009 at 04:20 PM   #7
Saleha

Liked: 17 Times

you need your student card to buy a STUDENT monthly pass, instead of a regular adult monthly pass. the discount is applied to Adult monthly and 10-ride passes only, when you show your student ID card
i hope that clears things up
Old 09-07-2009 at 04:21 PM   #8
lululand

Oh ok thanks Saleha
Old 09-07-2009 at 04:23 PM   #9
Saleha

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post
i think she might need to get the GO student card, u can do it by going on MUGSI and clicking non-academic services and clicking on the button where it says something about the GO Student card. atleast it was like that last year, and u cud pick it up later at mac. But this year i bought mine too for the month of sept. and they didnt ask me for any kind of ID. I'd suggest taking some kind of bagpack or student related 'accessories' with u so that they give u the pass w/o asking for any id
that was only till last year. this year there is no GO Id card. your Mcmaster ID acts as your 'GO ID card' as long as you're a full-time student.
no need to show student 'accessories'; just tell the person this is how it is and if they refuse to give you a Student monthly/10-ride pass instead of a regular one, then ask to speak to a manager. perhaps they aren't informed of it yet, though they should be.

manaya says thanks to Saleha for this post.
Old 09-07-2009 at 05:17 PM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

It's quite possible the McMaster student card is only applicable to McMaster and not when you purchase tickets elsewhere.

I know in the summer I had problems buying tickets without a GO ID even though you didn't need one when buying tickets.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-07-2009 at 08:14 PM   #11
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

No I purchased my discounted Student monthly pass at the Bramlea GO station
Old 09-07-2009 at 08:46 PM   #12
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

I went to go buy student monthly pass from clarkson GO station and they didn't accept it my student card as my go student ID card. I guess we need the actuall GO student ID card after all ?
Old 09-07-2009 at 09:18 PM   #13
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
I went to go buy student monthly pass from clarkson GO station and they didn't accept it my student card as my go student ID card. I guess we need the actuall GO student ID card after all ?
I think thats because this change is still relatively new and perhaps not everyone in all the GO stations is aware about it. Perhaps you can try showing them some sort of proof maybe by printing this from their website:
http://www.gotransit.com/PUBLIC/en/news/studentID.htm
Old 09-07-2009 at 09:36 PM   #14
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Ye, the GO operator was so rude about it too. Ye, I'm goign to square one to buy my monthly pass, hopefully they allow me to get it.