MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Need more information about a mark savannah123 Academics 9 01-21-2010 05:56 PM
Information About TimeTable esaad91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-25-2009 12:40 PM
Move-In Information ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 50 08-26-2008 03:12 PM
Locker Information alibuss General Discussion 9 08-24-2008 04:54 PM
4th Years Information lorend Academics 0 11-10-2007 12:51 PM

GO ID card information

GO ID Card Information

Go Transit and McMaster University are still trying to work out all the details about the ID Cards and what system they will be using for this upcoming school year.

The plan is to have the McMaster Student ID Cards replace the GO Student ID Cards, but it has yet to be finalized.

After contacting the Office of Sustainability at McMaster Universty, they have told me that the old GO Student ID Cards from the previous year (2008/2009) will be extended until October 31st.

They have also told me that finalizations of the new system will be on their website sometime during the end of next week.

Office of Sustainability: http://www.mcmaster.ca/sustainability/index.html

daisy, nh999, saukalra all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-20-2009
jhan523
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-20-2009
jhan523
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-21-2009 at 08:57 PM   #2
saukalra
Elite Member
Program: Health Sciences
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 18 Times
Update from Office of Sustainability Website:
GO Transit ID Cards

GO Transit offers student discounts of approximately 10% to 30% on the adult 10-ride ticket price and adult monthly passes with a valid identification.

Full-time undergraduate and graduate students, whose validation sticker possesses the “HSR” section, can use their McMaster Student ID card to demonstrate eligibility for GO Transit student tickets and monthly passes.
Part-time students are not eligible for GO student discounts. Full-time students, whose validation sticker does not possess the 'HSR' section, must proceed with the application process described below.

For the following groups, your McMaster student ID card now acts as your GO student discount card:

Undergraduate Students (full-time)
Graduate Students (full-time)
Physician's Assistants
Health Science Students (full-time)

GO Student ID Card Application Process (for those who don't have an HSR section on their sticker):

STEP ONE: Obtain a letter stating that you are a full-time student and includes your session start and end dates.

Where to obtain this letter:

Undergraduate Students: Office of the Registrar, Gilmour Hall Rm 108

Medical Students: Do not need a letter. Please proceed to STEP TWO below

IAHS Students (full-time): Mohawk Registration Centre IAHS Rm 121

Divinity Students (full-time): Divinity College, Business Office Rm 211

MBA (co-op or commerce students going on work term) do not need a letter. Please proceed to STEP TWO below

MBA (full-time): do not need a letter. Please proceed to STEP TWO below

OHS students (full-time): Health Science Centre Rm 3H50

Nursing Consortium – Mohawk: Office of the Registrar, Gilmour Hall Rm 108

Nursing Consortium – Conestoga: Office of the Registrar, Gilmour Hall Rm 108

Child Life Studies (full-time): do not need a letter, please proceed to STEP TWO below

STEP TWO: Bring this letter (only if you needed one) to get an application form authorized by a University representative (they have the forms, so don't worry about finding them ahead of time).

Here's where you go to get your GO ID form authorized on campus:

Undergrads: Parking Services, E.T. Clarke Centre

Medical Students: Education Services Office, MDCL 3101

IAHS students (full-time): Mohawk Registration Centre IAHS Rm 121

Divinity students: Rm 211, Business Office, Divinity College

MBA (co-op or commerce students going on work term): DSB Rm 112

MBA (full-time): DSB Rm 104
OHS students (full-time): Parking Services, E.T. Clarke Centre

Nursing Consortium – Mohawk: Parking Services, E.T. Clarke Centre

Nursing Consortium – Conestoga: Parking Services, E.T. Clarke Centre

Child Life Studies (full-time): Child Life Studies Office, Health Sciences Center Rm 2E7

STEP THREE: Deliver the signed form to Union Station. This can be done in one of three ways:

1) Take the signed form to Union Station Customer Service where your card will be made up on the spot. Hours are weekdays 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., weekends and statutory holidays 10:20 a.m. to 6 p.m.

2) Take the signed form to any GO Train station. It will be sent to Union Station and processed, and then returned to the station of your choice for you to pick up. (Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing).

3) Mail the signed form, along with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope to: Union Station, Customer Service, 140 Bay St., Toronto, M5J 2L5. (Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing).

For students registered for 7 consecutive months or more, GO Transit ID cards are valid throughout the summer months and expire October 31 of the following year. Your student 10-ride ticket does not expire, but it can only be used when you have a valid GO Student ID card, which may mean holding onto any leftover GO student tickets until you get your GO ID card for the next school year.

Last edited by saukalra : 08-21-2009 at 09:03 PM.

enigmatique, Fa11enAnge1, kairi9089, myoozik all say thanks to saukalra for this post.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:07 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Biology and Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Keyes

Liked: 624 Times
Wait, so even if you have your Mac Student card, you still have to fill out an application :S? I'm so confused :S
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:08 PM   #4
niteskie
Elite Member
Program: Psycholinguistics
Year: Other

Liked: 45 Times
No it's for those who don't have a HSR sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saukalra View Post
GO Student ID Card Application Process (for those who don't have an HSR section on their sticker):

Old 08-21-2009 at 09:11 PM   #5
nciggle
Program: Arts & Science
Year: Second

Liked: 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Wait, so even if you have your Mac Student card, you still have to fill out an application :S? I'm so confused :S
I think it means, that if you have an HSR section on the validation sticker of your student card, you do not need to get a Go Transit ID card, and won't have to go through that long drawn out process

Noah Ciglen
Honours Arts&Science II
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:12 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Ohh, oops. Thanks for pointing that out! Next year, they really need to decide on their policies earlier >.< before people go and get their GO Id's :F
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:13 PM   #7
nciggle
Program: Arts & Science

Liked: 11 Times
Don't worry about it. I'm happy now I don't have to go through that whole process and can just buy the tickets next time I'm at a station

Noah Ciglen
Honours Arts&Science II
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:49 PM   #8
lankan_4lif
Program: Science
Year: Third

Liked: 9 Times
So let me get this straight, as long as you have the validation sticker on your McMaster Student ID Card which has the HSR on it, I don't have to go through that long, tedious process of going to the office of registar, then get it signed by parking office then get it processed?

So basically, my Student ID Card acts as the GO Student ID Card?
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:52 PM   #9
saukalra
Elite Member
Program: Health Sciences
Year: Fourth

Liked: 18 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankan_4lif View Post
So let me get this straight, as long as you have the validation sticker on your McMaster Student ID Card which has the HSR on it, I don't have to go through that long, tedious process of going to the office of registar, then get it signed by parking office then get it processed?

So basically, my Student ID Card acts as the GO Student ID Card?
Yup thats right.
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:54 PM   #10
lankan_4lif
Program: Science
Year: Third

Liked: 9 Times
Sweet
Old 08-21-2009 at 11:17 PM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Great job by the MSU I must say, they were really strict about it when I was talking to them at Union Station. Forgetting the fact that I made the GO card already, yay! I don't have to do it again XD haha
Old 08-22-2009 at 10:07 AM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Year: Alumni
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
Oh wow, they finalized the system faster than they told me... AWESOME! I'm so happy I don't have to go through that ridiculous process.
Old 08-22-2009 at 11:29 PM   #13
kumara
Program: Honor Biology (Physiology Specialization)

Liked: 7 Times
I'm so confused!! :s so does mcmaster student ID card act as Go transit ID card? so when we buy the ticket we need to show only mcmaster student id card? Or is it that we need only mcmaster student id card to get Go transit ID card?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search