MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I still have a good chance at Grad school? lolidunno Academics 5 05-04-2013 12:04 AM
Taking Grad School Pre Reqs in Summer School? ChhabrN Academics 2 01-01-2013 12:34 AM
Grad School at MAC AztekEscobar Academics 0 08-18-2012 01:37 PM
Question about summer school and grad school apps bruni Academics 4 05-05-2012 07:05 AM
Grad school xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 12-28-2009 08:46 PM

Good Courses for Grad School

Old 05-26-2013 at 01:25 PM   #1
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Good Courses for Grad School
Hi,
Any good electives out there to help prep for med school/FHS graduate programmes? Please note, I'm looking for courses to help with the actual content, etc. of post-graduate school, not orgo/biochem/prerequisite courses.
I know there are the Health Sci electives, but any good ones in other faculties?
3rd year courses, preferably...
Old 05-26-2013 at 03:26 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Immuno will prob help for med school.
As for grad school, it really depends what field you're looking to go into..."FHS" is pretty broad, at Mac that includes biochem, health research methodology, etc, as well as a bunch of inter-faculty programs (chembio, health policy, etc)

Zebedee says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 05-26-2013 at 05:44 PM   #3
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Is there an immuno course, then? :.)
Old 05-26-2013 at 05:45 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Is there an immuno course, then? :.)
Yes, that's why I mentioned it
Hth Sci 3II3 I think? Something like that

Zebedee says thanks to starfish for this post.

Zebedee likes this.
Old 05-26-2013 at 10:24 PM   #5
Sam-I-am

Liked: 1 Time

pharm
physiology
anatomy
pathology
histology
immunology
virology
*research course on (at least) one of the above

NOTE: the first four should be the ones u seek out first
the reasons why;
Pathology = the problem
Pharmacology = the solution
Physiology & Anatomy = the parameters
Old 05-26-2013 at 10:28 PM   #6
Sam-I-am

Liked: 1 Time

be wary, the courses are offered here at mac that embody those topics, are quite hardcore and are usually steered away from by students trying to maintain their gpa.
But do well in a hard course, and u walk away as a boss (purely my own opinion, im not hating on anyone tht take specifically easier courses, i obviously understand why)
Old 05-27-2013 at 07:58 AM   #7
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

If you want to look at the psychosocial aspects of health and illness I would suggest applying for Child LS 2HC3-The Hospitalized Child.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

Zebedee says thanks to jamescw1234 for this post.