MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When is a Good Time to Place Tutorials? LindsayL216 Academics 28 07-11-2011 01:47 PM
vacation adrianj03 General Discussion 3 08-05-2010 11:42 AM
Changerooms/Good place to change? Allan General Discussion 5 09-17-2009 08:36 AM
Good Place to Study jo87 General Discussion 17 09-16-2009 06:20 PM

Where is a good place to vacation?

Old 09-05-2011 at 03:47 PM   #1
fatcat

Liked: 34 Times

Where is a good place to vacation?
So I just got back from Rome Italy and I loved it because it was so different than Canada. The architecture, the food, the weather, the language. I am looking to go for another vacation next summer. I am not particularly looking for beachy places, more into culture and discovery. I had portugal in mind but having never been there, wasn't so sure.

Anyone think of any good suggestions? I will be there max a month.
Old 09-05-2011 at 04:26 PM   #2
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

barcelona , I heard from people that went to all of paris , rome and barca and told be that barcelona was the best place hands down
Old 09-05-2011 at 04:33 PM   #3
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Disneyworld

Old 09-05-2011 at 04:41 PM   #4
Nicki

Liked: 0 Times

I would recommend going to Portugal if you liked Italy so much. I went to Lisbon earlier this summer and had a blast. It reminded me a lot of Rome and Venice. The only thing that sucked there was the fact that gypsy's bother you everywhere go and there are a lot of pickpockets.
Old 09-05-2011 at 04:46 PM   #5
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Disneyworld
Or The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. My dream vacation. xD

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 09-05-2011 at 05:34 PM   #6
Oneone

China if you want to taste some eastern culture
Old 09-06-2011 at 12:02 AM   #7
SmSm

middle east eg.(Egypy, United Arab Emirates), Turky or Malaysia
Old 09-06-2011 at 12:22 AM   #8
aibu

Malaysia looks really pretty. Greece seems lovely as well. I'd love to just go backpacking in Europe sometime
Old 09-06-2011 at 12:28 AM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

If you're into history and culture like you said, I would say Spain, Greece, Egypt (biased, I know, but it's actually amazing how I discover new places every time I go), Turkey.. And they're all really close, so you could even go to more than one during your vacation!

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 09-06-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2011 at 07:32 AM   #10
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Kenya...tons to do all over the country. You can go on Safari, shop around for stuff, or chill at a beach on the coast. There are lots of foreigners (a lot of Italians) that vacation on the coast.
Old 09-06-2011 at 07:42 AM   #11
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

My grandparents went to Buenos Ares a few years ago and said it was the greatest vacation they've been on. It's like the Paris of South America in terms of architecture, and the people are some of the friendliest they ever met.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 09-06-2011 at 10:45 AM   #12
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
I would recommend going to Portugal if you liked Italy so much. I went to Lisbon earlier this summer and had a blast. It reminded me a lot of Rome and Venice. The only thing that sucked there was the fact that gypsy's bother you everywhere go and there are a lot of pickpockets.
Brad pit was a cool gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneone View Post
China if you want to taste some eastern culture
Or if you want to taste some dog. No seriously, they actually do eat dog. They have factories just like pig, cow, and chicken factories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmSm View Post
middle east eg.(Egypy, United Arab Emirates), Turky or Malaysia
Ya some parts of the Middle East are ok but we are still trying to figure out who we want to 'dictate' us and the West is trying to figure out yet again what's best for it's interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aibu View Post
Malaysia looks really pretty. Greece seems lovely as well. I'd love to just go backpacking in Europe sometime
Eurotrip = awesome (gonna do it someday)...Malaysia, Thailand, etc = lot's of human trafficking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
My grandparents went to Buenos Ares a few years ago and said it was the greatest vacation they've been on. It's like the Paris of South America in terms of architecture, and the people are some of the friendliest they ever met.
Beirut = Paris of the Middle East or at least it use to be. But definitely cannot go wrong going to Lebanon. There is something for everyone there. If you like to party we have the best clubs. If you are there for the history, heck we have a city that named the Bible (Byblos). Not to mention a ton of other history and tradition and beauty. We have mountains of snow and beaches of sand, all within 30 min of each other. And if you're there for anything else you will still enjoy it. The people are nice and not just on the inside. Just sayin.

Edit: not to mention the best food you'll ever taste. Turkey is pretty good for food too.

Last edited by EasternHeat : 09-06-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2011 at 11:14 AM   #13
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Head to Berlin if you are more into arts, culture and stuff.
Old 09-06-2011 at 11:16 AM   #14
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Tokyo - The world capital of WTF, complete with yodelling toilets, acid-trip-esque commercials playing live on a giant TV, and robotic cars.
Old 09-06-2011 at 11:16 AM   #15
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammyt View Post
Head to Berlin if you are more into arts, culture and stuff.
Germany is so cool. No lie.