MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac Eng on google maps frzntrkydnnr Computers & Tech 25 09-02-2010 11:23 PM
Play pac man on Google! Melanieee MacInsiders Announcements 6 05-21-2010 07:42 PM
Google Wave jhan523 General Discussion 46 07-26-2009 01:52 AM
HSR on Google Maps! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 06-04-2009 12:45 AM

Google +

Old 07-14-2011 at 03:11 AM   #31
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

I got Google+ this morning. Yeah...no more FB for me. I honestly think that Google+ already does have the potential to replace Facebook AND Twitter, and possibly other sites like Tumblr and Stumbleupon.

ikantsepll likes this.
Old 07-14-2011 at 04:25 AM   #32
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
I got Google+ this morning. Yeah...no more FB for me. I honestly think that Google+ already does have the potential to replace Facebook AND Twitter, and possibly other sites like Tumblr and Stumbleupon.
I agree 100%
Old 07-14-2011 at 04:39 AM   #33
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Tumblr sucks. Blogger is where it is at.
Old 07-14-2011 at 06:52 AM   #34
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

nothing can replace tumblr, tumblr is like a family to me.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 07-14-2011 at 08:24 AM   #35
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
nothing can replace tumblr, tumblr is like a family to me.
Time to find new family.

AdelaisAer, Xenos like this.
Old 07-14-2011 at 09:57 AM   #36
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
nothing will replace Tumblr ever @[email protected]

L'Étoile says thanks to AelyaS for this post.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 07-14-2011 at 10:05 AM   #37
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Who even uses Tumblr anymore, lol

AdelaisAer likes this.
Old 07-14-2011 at 09:46 PM   #38
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Google+ has better blogging capabilities (albeit still fairly experimental). Plus, the new Reader thing beats RSS Feeds any day. However, one thing Google+ can't replace is YouTube, considering Google is already embedded within YouTube. So I guess it's part of it.

But as for everything else, yeah...it's only a matter of time before Google+ becomes the new, uh...major thing for lack of better words.
Old 07-14-2011 at 10:07 PM   #39
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Anyone know how to do a wallpost in google plus?
Old 07-14-2011 at 10:13 PM   #40
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkolb31 View Post
Anyone know how to do a wallpost in google plus?
I don't think they have that yet. But they might add it in later.

EDIT: But you can still tag people in your posts.
Old 07-20-2011 at 10:50 PM   #41
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
No Way. That is a HUGE assumption to make that Google+ will beat all of those 4. Honestly I am not enjoying Google+ right now, I only have like 5 friends so far on it so that might be why I'm not enjoying it as much but you can add people without them needing to approve?!? What?! Is there a place where this can be changed? And the hangout thing, that's cool but I can do that on Skype.

I honestly love gmail, google maps, picasa and use google to search literally everything but with Google+ it would be almost everything I do on the internet...imagine if I had an android phone! Haha

I was expecting to be blown away from all the buzz but I just don't see it, and I think people are just praising it so much cause they hate facebook...which I also don't see.
Old 07-20-2011 at 11:56 PM   #42
InvisoBill

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt93 View Post
No Way. That is a HUGE assumption to make that Google+ will beat all of those 4. Honestly I am not enjoying Google+ right now, I only have like 5 friends so far on it so that might be why I'm not enjoying it as much but you can add people without them needing to approve?!? What?! Is there a place where this can be changed? And the hangout thing, that's cool but I can do that on Skype.

I honestly love gmail, google maps, picasa and use google to search literally everything but with Google+ it would be almost everything I do on the internet...imagine if I had an android phone! Haha

I was expecting to be blown away from all the buzz but I just don't see it, and I think people are just praising it so much cause they hate facebook...which I also don't see.

When someone adds you to his/her circle, you can choose to block them... and there are also privacy settings where you can choose to share things with certain people (much easier than Facebook). On you profile, you can choose to share ANY info from the most private (just yourself) to the most public (anyone). Even if someone adds you, they can't see private info...
Old 07-21-2011 at 07:55 AM   #43
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

It really makes me sad that I can't use Google+ at work... Internet Explorer is awful.

Once it gets polished more, I think it could become a central hub for our social lives IMO.

The should have named it GoogStumFacErDiggUpon Bler. Sounds way more catchy to me.

RyanC likes this.