MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do You Want to Go to Grad School? lorend Academics 5 10-25-2010 12:19 AM
Grad school xo.monica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 33 12-28-2009 08:46 PM
Anyone else applying to grad school this year? Kathy2 Academics 4 12-23-2009 12:25 PM
Grad School open houses deangrad MacInsiders Announcements 5 11-04-2009 08:33 PM
bioscience grad school, canada or US? Mikage Academics 3 06-03-2009 01:34 PM

Grad School Acceptance

Old 02-24-2011 at 03:39 PM   #1
Clematis

Liked: Liked 5 Times

Grad School Acceptance
Does anyone know when the faculty of graduate studies usually begins sending out acceptance notifications? I know they sometimes do them in waves, Im just not sure if anyone knows anyone that has been accepted to any school/program for grad work yet.

Also, do you know if they send them by mail or email?

Any help would be great. Im stressinnn
Old 02-24-2011 at 04:50 PM   #2
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Depends on the program.
Old 02-24-2011 at 04:51 PM   #3
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

What type of grad program? Most of my friends have already been notified that they have been accepted to grad school. If it is a thesis based program working with a supervisor you should have heard back by now. For course based thesis stuff it may take longer...early April is when my friends heard about their acceptance last year.
:tree:
Old 02-25-2011 at 11:38 AM   #4

Liked: 31 Times

I know the history ones have been sent out from Mac and their prospective grad luncheon is in a week. At least one "wave" is out from the department, but of course there could always be more later...
Old 02-25-2011 at 11:56 AM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

It completely depends on the school and the faculty. Just look up their phone number on their website, call, and ask. They'll tell you no problem. (I called A LOT of schools last year)