Login error dumbconsumer Site Feedback & Suggestions 0 06-04-2011 07:17 PM
Wrong grade on grade report lululand Academics 35 04-30-2010 07:13 PM
OSAP error! HELP! xo.monica General Discussion 7 07-27-2009 12:49 AM

Grade Error

Old 05-03-2013 at 08:43 PM   #1
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Grade Error
For one of my courses I recently had a grade recorded as an 8. But the TA for the course said that there was a grading error for the course, and my mark went down by 2 full grade points which i'm not happy about at all. What would you guy recommend doing in a situation such as this one? I'm definitely going to send an e-mail to the TA asking what my final exam grade is, but is there really anything i can do in this situation?
Old 05-03-2013 at 08:45 PM   #2
Jimbojones

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
For one of my courses I recently had a grade recorded as an 8. But the TA for the course said that there was a grading error for the course, and my mark went down by 2 full grade points which i'm not happy about at all. What would you guy recommend doing in a situation such as this one? I'm definitely going to send an e-mail to the TA asking what my final exam grade is, but is there really anything i can do in this situation?
what course is this?
Old 05-03-2013 at 08:52 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

No, there isn't. I had this happen before once too, where my mark went down a grade point. They made a grading error and the original mark was never yours to begin with. You can (and probably should) ask to see your exam mark, and maybe also ask what the error was, but unless they made another error, your mark won't change.
Old 05-03-2013 at 09:19 PM   #4
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

This happened to me too last year. I calculated my final mark for one of my courses and when I checked the grade report, it was higher than I calculated which I was happy about. But the prof made a post on avenue saying there was a grade error and that every one got someone else's marks. So this was corrected and my mark afterwards was exactly that I calculated. It was lower but at that moment it didn't matter....
Old 05-03-2013 at 09:28 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Calculate your mark yourself. Take those numbers look at your exam. Then calculate it again to see if it is the current. If not ask. But they do have the right to change due to errors since it isn't the right mark anyways.
Old 05-03-2013 at 09:36 PM   #6
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
For my math course, the prof made a mistake in some people's grades, but said that no one will get a grade lower than on their grade report initially which I think implied that if you accidentally got a higher grade, they wouldn't bump you down.

amare likes this.
Old 05-03-2013 at 10:03 PM   #7
amare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Calculate your mark yourself. Take those numbers look at your exam. Then calculate it again to see if it is the current. If not ask. But they do have the right to change due to errors since it isn't the right mark anyways.
Ill definitely do this as soon as possible. I dont want my mark being screwed up because of all of this. I have a feeling the prof hasnt even looked at the changed marks yet and it was the TA who changed the marks. But then again I cant be 100% sure of that.
Old 05-03-2013 at 10:06 PM   #8
Jimbojones

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Ill definitely do this as soon as possible. I dont want my mark being screwed up because of all of this. I have a feeling the prof hasnt even looked at the changed marks yet and it was the TA who changed the marks. But then again I cant be 100% sure of that.
is this econ 3k03? Although i didnt get an email, the final marks were posted and then taken down
Old 05-03-2013 at 10:21 PM   #9
amare

^Nope its not econ
Old 05-03-2013 at 10:22 PM   #10
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Ive had it the other way around.

Got a mark last term, was lower than expected. I emailed prof, she noticed my mark was added wrong. Went up by a few grade points...

But if your saying they made a mistake that is now FIXED, i dont think you can do anything except try to gain a few more marks from the exam
Old 05-03-2013 at 11:41 PM   #11
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
If they were on grade report, I'm pretty sure it's the prof or IA who has to submit to the registrar's office, not TAs.