Grade Release Dates! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 05-07-2008 04:10 PM

Grade Release

Old 12-19-2012 at 11:59 PM   #61
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
If you go to the drop box and click on the number under the 'submissions' column, you can view your submission. If there is an opened letter icon next to the PDF, then it has been read. If it's still shiny and closed, then it is unread.
It's an open lettered icon. :3
Old 12-20-2012 at 12:00 AM   #62
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
It's an open lettered icon. :3
Alright, then it looks like the TA fucked up and gave my group someone else's mark without actually reading ours. Did you contact Eden through Avenue, or normal email? He doesn't seem to be responding to his avenue email anymore from what I can tell...
Old 12-20-2012 at 12:01 AM   #63
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Alright, then it looks like the TA fucked up and gave my group someone else's mark without actually reading ours. Did you contact Eden through Avenue, or normal email? He doesn't seem to be responding to his avenue email anymore from what I can tell...
I only contact Eden through his 'normal' e-mail. Try contacting the other two T.A.s as well along with Eden to get a response probably quicker. That sucks though. :/
Old 12-20-2012 at 12:11 AM   #64
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
I only contact Eden through his 'normal' e-mail. Try contacting the other two T.A.s as well along with Eden to get a response probably quicker. That sucks though. :/
Good idea, I sent it to his email normal instead. I don't think I'll bother with the other two TA's since they're undergrads and their contracts likely ended in early December.
Old 12-20-2012 at 12:28 AM   #65
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Good idea, I sent it to his email normal instead. I don't think I'll bother with the other two TA's since they're undergrads and their contracts likely ended in early December.
Yup, and fair enough. I'm sure they'll be able to remedy the situation, or rather, in this case, Eden.

EDIT:
Add me on LinkedIn. xD I don't know your person e-mail address, so I cannot add you. o:
Old 12-20-2012 at 12:35 AM   #66
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

No, the icon is either the confirmation email notification that you get when you submit a file, or if you have downloaded the file, not sure which one atm

Edit: if you hover over the opened letter icon it will say something about a confirmation email
Old 12-20-2012 at 01:01 AM   #67
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
No, the icon is either the confirmation email notification that you get when you submit a file, or if you have downloaded the file, not sure which one atm

Edit: if you hover over the opened letter icon it will say something about a confirmation email
You mean this thing, right?

It's definitely an indicator of whether an instructor/TA read it. I've monitored it for other classes to determine if the TAs have begun marking stuff yet.
Old 12-20-2012 at 02:34 AM   #68
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times

Are the courses for this session (fall term) not showing up at all on the grade report for anybody? I see summer as the last reported session.
Old 12-20-2012 at 07:49 AM   #69
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 244 Times

Is this it for the day, then? Or until midnight?
Old 12-20-2012 at 09:51 AM   #70
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:
You mean this thing, right?

It's definitely an indicator of whether an instructor/TA read it. I've monitored it for other classes to determine if the TAs have begun marking stuff yet.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Woops my mistake. I wonder if the thing your talking about gets updated if they do a bulk download of db submissions vs individual
Old 12-20-2012 at 09:01 PM   #71
campbekn

Liked: 2 Times

What's with all these "degree audit full" errors this year? It's my fourth year and I don't recall this happening any other year, unless I'm just clueless..
Old 12-20-2012 at 09:03 PM   #72
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbekn View Post
What's with all these "degree audit full" errors this year? It's my fourth year and I don't recall this happening any other year, unless I'm just clueless..
People keep checking their degree audit in hopes of more marks? I don't know. I usually check once/day when I know a lot of people aren't spamming it.
Old 12-20-2012 at 10:01 PM   #73
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

Quote:
People keep checking their degree audit in hopes of more marks? I don't know. I usually check once/day when I know a lot of people aren't spamming it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbekn View Post

I asked and yes the reason is because the system was overloaded, everyone started checking marks early and frequently.
Old 12-20-2012 at 10:10 PM   #74
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
I asked and yes the reason is because the system was overloaded, everyone started checking marks early and frequently.
Yeah, I thought so. Oh, well. I know what I got in 2/5 of my classes this term at least so far.
Old 12-20-2012 at 10:20 PM   #75
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
Just out of curiosity, who do you ask about these sorts of things? Do you just email the generic uts email address?