MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Odds of Winning Amazing Prizes! wallisjl Residence & Housing 0 04-06-2011 05:34 PM
Who won the Best Costume prizes? Kathy2 General Discussion 2 11-01-2009 05:56 PM
What are the odds? rits Academics 4 08-18-2008 02:24 PM
Help needed on my PhD survey on car brands - Great prizes! wstolle Academics 11 02-04-2008 04:04 AM

Great Odds of Winning Amazing Prizes!

Old 04-06-2011 at 05:36 PM   #1
wallisjl

Liked: 0 Times

Great Odds of Winning Amazing Prizes!
Hey Guys!
For those of you who do not know, or for those who still have not completed it, the Residence Office has put out a Residence Outcome Survey! They want to know how we’ve enjoyed our time in residence and if we’d recommend this experience to a friend. The link to the survey was sent to your McMaster email.
It only takes 10 minutes and there are some sweet prizes!!
Some of the prizes include: Apple iPad, Samsung LCD TV, Canada’s Wonderland season passes, West Jet Air credits, pulse gym memberships, Gift certificates from Fortinos, Titles, IKEA, iTunes, VIA Rail and a bunch more!
The minimum response rate before draws will proceed is 50% of all Residence Students to it’s important that you encourage your friends to take 10 minutes to do it too. Good Luck in the draw and on your finals!
Old 04-06-2011 at 05:43 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You know what would be funny, if somebody who wasn't in residence obtained a link to this somehow, completed the survey, and won a prize..

Either way, fill out those surveys people, thats how they get your feedback on what works and what doesn't when it comes to designing your accomodations!
Old 04-06-2011 at 05:54 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
You know what would be funny, if somebody who wasn't in residence obtained a link to this somehow, completed the survey, and won a prize..

Either way, fill out those surveys people, thats how they get your feedback on what works and what doesn't when it comes to designing your accomodations!
Fail. I was actually about to post the link then it made sense why the OP didn't post it -_________-. Clearly Stats has friend my brain.

mfattal likes this.
Old 04-06-2011 at 05:58 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Fail. I was actually about to post the link then it made sense why the OP didn't post it -_________-. Clearly Stats has friend my brain.

Afzal likes this.
Old 04-06-2011 at 06:18 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
. We can split the LCD in 2 once I win it
Old 04-06-2011 at 07:01 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
If you give me the link, I can enter, and split with you if I win, which, effectively doubles your chances.

Jus' sayin'

Afzal likes this.
Old 04-06-2011 at 07:02 PM   #7
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Why would you waste a perfectly good TV like that? D:

I guess Stats really did uh..."friend" your brain.

Edit: whoa @ almost-same-time-post as Ryan like 44 minutes after Sara's.

Last edited by Entropy : 04-06-2011 at 07:05 PM.

RyanC, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 04-06-2011 at 07:17 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
If you give me the link, I can enter, and split with you if I win, which, effectively doubles your chances.

Jus' sayin'
But that only doubles my chances of getting 1/2 an LCD, which is effectively the same thing as not doubling my chances of winning a full LCD.. That's what Stats says anyway (I think...)DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Why would you waste a perfectly good TV like that? D:

I guess Stats really did uh..."friend" your brain.

Edit: whoa @ almost-same-time-post as Ryan like 44 minutes after Sara's.
Sharing is caring, no?
Bahahaha, wow I thought I was exaggerating, but I guess it really did . Thanks for making me realize it -______- =P
Old 04-06-2011 at 07:19 PM   #9
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

How come these prizes aren't available for other surveys the school puts out? Seems a little unfair.
Old 04-06-2011 at 07:31 PM   #10
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
How come these prizes aren't available for other surveys the school puts out? Seems a little unfair.
They better be good. And each of the 3000 residence students pay like 6000+, so I guess they're trying to do something different for those in rez, or something.
Old 04-06-2011 at 07:37 PM   #11
RyanC
Elite Member

Off campus students get shafted again

Afzal, crazyfree, justinsftw like this.
Old 04-06-2011 at 07:40 PM   #12
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
They better be good. And each of the 3000 residence students pay like 6000+, so I guess they're trying to do something different for those in rez, or something.

Just because they live in rez doesn't make them more deserving than students living at home or off campus. So lame. All we keep getting is stupid ipods, and I think for each survey that comes out its like 1 ipod/who knows how many students.
Old 04-06-2011 at 07:51 PM   #13
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
But that only doubles my chances of getting 1/2 an LCD, which is effectively the same thing as not doubling my chances of winning a full LCD.. That's what Stats says anyway (I think...)DX

Sharing is caring, no?
Bahahaha, wow I thought I was exaggerating, but I guess it really did . Thanks for making me realize it -______- =P
Wanna triple your chances?
Old 04-06-2011 at 09:24 PM   #14
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
Just because they live in rez doesn't make them more deserving than students living at home or off campus. So lame. All we keep getting is stupid ipods, and I think for each survey that comes out its like 1 ipod/who knows how many students.
True. But residence money goes straight to the university. What off-campus students pay to their landlords doesn't. So unless landlords decide to have a draw and put in their own money, it kind of makes sense for the university that gets millions of dollars from residence, to do this. Also, notice how it says the draw will only happen IF 50% of residence students (~1500) do the survey, i.e. it's not gonna happen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
Wanna triple your chances?
Haha, depends.. How are we dividing the LCD into thirds?
Old 04-06-2011 at 09:30 PM   #15
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

That's why we should be allowed to do it-the chance of reaching 50% of "res" students will greatly increase. I mean really, we'd be doing the kids who have done it a favour. Otherwise all their hard survey work would go to waste.
I say, let's help the res students get their prizes! Open the survey to all!

Also..for your LCD issue-obvi just sell it, and split the profits in three. (or 4 )