Hair cuts that are affordable Sideout General Discussion 12 09-26-2009 04:50 PM
hair places. davey General Discussion 18 09-23-2008 01:43 PM
Hair Salon maha_azim General Discussion 1 09-22-2008 01:39 PM

Hair Straighteners

Old 08-25-2010 at 09:08 AM   #1
msms

Liked: 6 Times

Hair Straighteners
hey i'm looking for a new hair straightener this year and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good one for me to buy...i'm looking for somethong around $100 or less and i have curly hairr...
anyone's opinion would be great!!
Thanks
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:40 AM   #2
JasyJ925

Liked: Liked 2 Times

CHI!!

It's my favourite straightener yett! My hair is wavy and it honestly takes like 4 minutes for me to straighten my hair. It cost me about 120 dollars, however, thus far, it's lasted me for 4 years already and it's still working like i just bought it yesterday!

Katy, msms like this.
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:41 AM   #3
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times

You can't go wrong with a CHI
Old 08-25-2010 at 10:23 AM   #4
Aysha_SM

Liked: 0 Times

I also have a Chi (and have curly hair), and it works really well. I haven't used mine in a few years, though.
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:53 AM   #5
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Chi is good.

Old 08-25-2010 at 12:14 PM   #6
aani

Liked: 9 Times

Agreed- I have curly hair and my CHI is great
Old 08-25-2010 at 12:26 PM   #7
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

There are some good deals here: http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons

I actually like the GHD irons much better than the CHI ones. They last longer and are much higher quality. The GHD takes WAY less time to heat up, has a higher temperature, and just performs a lot better.

CHI is solid though if you only want to spend $100. Sedu is really good too and Folica has some good bundle deals with that brand.

mduchnik, msms like this.
Old 08-25-2010 at 12:36 PM   #8
msms

Liked: 6 Times

yeah i saw all the awesome brands on folica.com !!! and chi looks good but i'm just worried about buying things online..there are great prices online but is it worth it buying it online or should i go into a store and buy it, even though it's probably much more expensive?
Old 08-25-2010 at 12:51 PM   #9
mduchnik

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:callen:. View Post
There are some good deals here: http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons

I actually like the GHD irons much better than the CHI ones. They last longer and are much higher quality. The GHD takes WAY less time to heat up, has a higher temperature, and just performs a lot better.

CHI is solid though if you only want to spend $100. Sedu is really good too and Folica has some good bundle deals with that brand.
I have had a GHD straightener for soo long now, and I must say that I love them!
In my opinion, a little better then the Chi
because it seems more durable
and is much more easily versatile, if you know how to use it properly (like u can do curls with it, or loose waves)

LOVE my GHD
Old 08-25-2010 at 01:32 PM   #10
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by msms View Post
yeah i saw all the awesome brands on folica.com !!! and chi looks good but i'm just worried about buying things online..there are great prices online but is it worth it buying it online or should i go into a store and buy it, even though it's probably much more expensive?
If it saves you money (it usually does) and you're not in a rush, buying online's usually the way to go.

Just be careful with where you buy it. Folica's a reputable site, but if you're buying from eBay look up a guide on how to spot counterfeit straighteners, 'cause there are a lot floating around.

The Chi gets another vote from me but there have been some complaints about build quality. Personally, I think that as long as you're not dropping it or swinging it around by its power cord, it should last. Go for a more expensive brand (or at least look into them) if you plan on doing things beyond straightening and require temperature control or anything, but as far as basic straighteners go you can't go wrong with the Chi.
Old 08-25-2010 at 10:08 PM   #11
rangwaz

Liked: 0 Times

Straightening hair is such a pain :(