MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
head start program jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 06-30-2010 10:52 PM
Getting a head start in Tron Boolean Academics 7 06-13-2010 07:24 PM
interested in applying to med school? Wanna get a head start over other applicants? MSHI General Discussion 0 03-12-2009 02:15 PM
FYC: Apocalypse Ball Nino MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-28-2009 03:49 PM
FYC: Masquerade Ball Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-27-2008 09:42 AM

hamster ball to put my head in

Old 02-02-2010 at 01:16 PM   #1
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

hamster ball to put my head in
I am just wondering if anyone knows where the nearest pet stores are.

I am looking for a hamster ball that I can open and stick my head in...

I already checked the pet store in university plaza and they dont have one that big..

for anyone that wants to know why, if anyone knows deadmau5, I am trying to make a costume just like his for halloween or other occasions.. lol

I just have too much time and figured its gonna take a while to make it, so im starting early for next years halloween..
Old 02-02-2010 at 01:38 PM   #2
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I don't think you'll find a hamster ball big enough. Try looking for guinea pig balls? I'm not sure any other small pets use those balls.
Old 02-02-2010 at 01:50 PM   #3
Parnian

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
I am just wondering if anyone knows where the nearest pet stores are.

I am looking for a hamster ball that I can open and stick my head in...

I already checked the pet store in university plaza and they dont have one that big..

for anyone that wants to know why, if anyone knows deadmau5, I am trying to make a costume just like his for halloween or other occasions.. lol

I just have too much time and figured its gonna take a while to make it, so im starting early for next years halloween..
As an avid listener of trance, I still dislike deadmau5's music

Should be a cool costume though. A lot of people like him.
Old 02-02-2010 at 02:25 PM   #4
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I don't think you'll find a hamster ball big enough. Try looking for guinea pig balls? I'm not sure any other small pets use those balls.
Good call, i just need to find some pet stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnian View Post
As an avid listener of trance, I still dislike deadmau5's music

Should be a cool costume though. A lot of people like him.
Thats cool, a lot of people say that he is too repetative, but alot of songs are great to listen to. And I think that the costume would be amazing.. just have to make sure it looks as original as I can. I was thinking of also putting the equalizer lights in the mouth.

Once im finished im sure ill post it on macinsiders.. lol
Old 02-02-2010 at 02:41 PM   #5
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

A deadmau5 costume, eh??
I gotta see this.

hard costume to make =/

snaps likes this.
Old 02-02-2010 at 03:36 PM   #6
Parnian

Liked: 13 Times

I saw this suggestion on another forum though (Trance Forum) which sounds appealing:

i think it would be possible to make one out of glue, starch, and newspaper and a giant beachball. inflate the ball, cover with the plaster, let it dry, deflate the ball...then use that sponge craft fabric thing to make the ears, plaster for the eyes....

or just hire someone who makes costumes to make it for u!

And here's a collection of pictures of how the original one was made http://www.inthemix.com.au/gallery/s...7-deadmau5/aaa

It looks really fun actually

Last edited by Parnian : 02-02-2010 at 03:39 PM.

snaps says thanks to Parnian for this post.
Old 02-02-2010 at 06:18 PM   #7
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

To take this post unnecessarily seriously, I used to work at PetSmart and even a guinea pig ball might not be big enough. (Side note, guinea pig balls are soo bad on a guinea pig's back .. hamster balls are okay for hamsters but if somebody wanted to give their guinea pig exercise it'd be better just to let them run around in a pen in a safe cat/dog-free room). It might be big enough for your head but the opening wouldn't be big enough.

They have balls for ferrets that might work .. those ones are pretty big. They go for about $20 at PetSmart or a bit higher now, I stopped working there 3 years ago. But even still, I'm not sure if the opening will be big enough for your head.

To get to the closest PetSmart, you can take the 5C bus on a WEEKDAY to the Meadowlands in Ancaster. There's a PetSmart there that sells them. You could try PetValu too (closest one is on Wilson St, Wilson and York Blvd next to August 8 restaurant) but I'm fairly certain they only sell hamster balls and none of the bigger ones (which is good since the bigger ones should never be used anyway, IMO).

snaps says thanks to ladyh for this post.