MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
internal transfer to commerce II zareen.s24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 03-22-2011 04:37 PM
Internal Transfer to Commerce II mikes91 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 04-09-2010 11:06 AM
Transfer to commerce 2 healthsci1 Academics 1 12-26-2009 10:34 AM
Mac social science transfer to kinsiology Chase1313 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 11-04-2009 06:14 PM

How hard is it to transfer from Social Science I to Commerce II?

Old 04-06-2011 at 11:41 AM   #1
ABCDXYZ

Liked: 0 Times

How hard is it to transfer from Social Science I to Commerce II?
How hard is it? and is it worth taking a chance to not beng able to transfer and ending up with an economics degree?
Old 04-06-2011 at 11:44 AM   #2
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCDXYZ View Post
How hard is it? and is it worth taking a chance to not beng able to transfer and ending up with an economics degree?
Ouch.

There are a lot of threads about transferring into Commerce II. If your grades are high enough (if I recall correctly, I think users in past threads have suggested an 9 or higher), then you shouldn't have a problem. If they're lower, then perhaps you should get as many courses done as you can without being in Commerce to shadow the program, and transfer when your grades are higher.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...fer+comm erce
Old 04-06-2011 at 11:46 AM   #3
ABCDXYZ

lol no no didn't mean to insult you ebout the economics,
Currntly my school doesn't offer economics as a course so I don't really know whatit offers after graduation Is it possible to become a CA with mcmasters economics degree?

And how hard is it to get a gpa of 8?
Old 04-06-2011 at 11:56 AM   #4
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Currntly my school doesn't offer economics as a course so I don't really know whatit offers after graduation Is it possible to become a CA with mcmasters economics degree?

Haha, no worries.

I'm not sure what the requirements are to becoming an accountant. My cousin is an accountant and she had an engineering degree, but she also lives in another province and I don't know if all provinces have the same regulations about that. You'd have to look it up.

As far as achieving a cumulative average of an 8, that's difficult to say depending on the person. I don't feel it's difficult to achieve that, but of course, you can't do nothing and expect a decent mark. It's definitely attainable, as long as you go to class and do your work.
Old 04-06-2011 at 11:57 AM   #5
ABCDXYZ

Oh alright, I'll look into that

also, do you have co-op or internship in economics?
Old 04-06-2011 at 12:45 PM   #6
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
Haha, no worries.

I'm not sure what the requirements are to becoming an accountant. My cousin is an accountant and she had an engineering degree, but she also lives in another province and I don't know if all provinces have the same regulations about that. You'd have to look it up.

As far as achieving a cumulative average of an 8, that's difficult to say depending on the person. I don't feel it's difficult to achieve that, but of course, you can't do nothing and expect a decent mark. It's definitely attainable, as long as you go to class and do your work.
ooooohhh as in chartered accountant?... lol i was thinking: "why would u not be able to become a CA(as in res) with an economic degree... i didnt even know a degree was a requirement"
*facepalm*

ps this smiley is so cool:
Old 04-06-2011 at 01:59 PM   #7
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

To be a CA you have to complete the 51-credits as seen here:
http://www.icao.on.ca/Admissions/Qua...4page1201.aspx

To do most of these courses you have to be in Commerce.

Switching in 2nd year is pretty competitive just because of the limited spots. I would look at some other threads for more info on it, I know there have been a bunch.
Old 04-08-2011 at 05:14 PM   #8
ABCDXYZ

haha yea I meant CA as in chartered accountant

and yes I have looked into other threads but I didnt really find what I was looking for.
I'll keep looking though =)
Old 04-14-2011 at 02:12 PM   #9
zareen.s24

Liked: 3 Times

hey i have the same issue
im trying to transfer but i dont think my marks will really cut it
and i also want to go into ca as well...i researched a lot and you can go into mba if u do a major in your faculty...you should probably go on tuesday and talk to the lady whose a recruiter forgot her name
Old 04-14-2011 at 02:37 PM   #10
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Before transferring consider the following:
1. Your marks are everything, Mcmaster is not a feeder school for the Big 4, your marks will help you the most in getting those interviews. If you cant get a 10+ in first year forget about the CA designation. A minimum 3.7/4 CA with good extra curriculars are needed to be competitive from mac
2. Becoming a CA in todays saturated environment is not for everyone, you need to be the cream of the crop and if your remotely concerned about not having sufficient marks to transferring then you need to forget about perusing a CA designation.
Old 04-14-2011 at 08:25 PM   #11
ABCDXYZ

I'm not worried about not having high marks to transfer.. I'm not even in the program yet :S I'm in high school just asking if its possible and how hard it is lol =)