MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Potter Fan Commits Suicide After Learning Movie Spoilers!!!! ferreinm General Discussion 43 07-15-2009 06:38 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince lorend General Discussion 36 11-22-2008 04:19 PM

Harry Potter!!

Old 07-10-2009 at 10:21 PM   #31
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Yeah. It's not so bad I don't hate them together, they just don't fit as well as Ron/Hermione.
Old 07-10-2009 at 10:21 PM   #32
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

I'm really bothered by the Harry/Ginny ending...I don't despise Ginny either but I just didn't feel any chemistry between them. And really, your best friend's little sister? Does that not seem odd? lol I duno. I can't think of anyone who would be good for Harry either...Hmm. I almost would prefer Harry/Luna though.

But ya, Hermione/Ron was just perfect.
Old 07-10-2009 at 10:22 PM   #33
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachill View Post
I'm really bothered by the Harry/Ginny ending...I don't despise Ginny either but I just didn't feel any chemistry between them. And really, your best friend's little sister? Does that not seem odd? lol I duno. I can't think of anyone who would be good for Harry either...Hmm. I almost would prefer Harry/Luna though.

But ya, Hermione/Ron was just perfect.

It's funny, I always joke that my best friend is going to marry my younger sister.
Old 07-10-2009 at 10:34 PM   #34
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

XD. My sister's always joke that I'll never get married 'cause I haven't had a boyfriend yet.

Tonksand Lupin was a surprise for me. BTW, did Lupin seem OOC to you when they started having problems? I thought it was odd - he was the one the always gave the good advice, the level headed one, and then he flips out. With good reason, but still, I didn't think he'd act that way.
Old 07-10-2009 at 10:46 PM   #35
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Tonks and Lupin was a bit of a surprise for me too. Tonks was so flamboyant and kidish while Lupin was such a mellow, mature person (other than his 'times of the month' ).

Hmm, I don't really remember, but I think I thought he was OOC too when he was freaking out on Harry.
Old 07-10-2009 at 10:50 PM   #36
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Yes! I forgot about that. I like Lupin, though, even when he's freaked out. It's actually funny where he does it, especially if you imagine movie-Lupin with his horrible moustache.
Old 07-10-2009 at 10:55 PM   #37
jachill
Vampire Slayer

haha I like him too. Ah, movie-Lupin...The horrible mustache and his obsession with chocolate. XD I read this "Harry Potter 3 movie in 15 minutes" parody script a couple years ago that circulated the web and every couple lines, Lupin offers someone chocolate. I can't take his character seriously now. lol
Old 07-10-2009 at 10:56 PM   #38
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Are tickets sold out yet? Cause I really want to go see it and I don't mind waiting like 6 hours in advance or even 12.

I agree. I feel that was a cop-out (the Harry-Ginny thing). It felt like she was demonstrating she'd run out of ideas and stuck the two of them together.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-10-2009 at 11:11 PM   #39
jachill
Vampire Slayer

The midnight tickets might be sell out soon if they're not sold out yet but the Wednesday tickets probably aren't. I've never seen a movie sell out this far in advanced for opening night.
Old 07-10-2009 at 11:34 PM   #40
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

You know which actress I like from the movies? Evanna Lynch.. she's so cute and I like how she plays Luna
Old 07-10-2009 at 11:37 PM   #41
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Evanna Lynch was perfect for the role. Does anyone else think so? She was just how I imagined her. It was also an open casting call for Luna, it's amazing how Evanna Lynch was discovered out of 1000s of girls.

EDIT: I can't believe how lucky she must feel too lol. I would do anything to try out for a role in Harry Potter. XD
Old 07-10-2009 at 11:42 PM   #42
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Evanna Lynch was perfect for the role. Does anyone else think so? She was just how I imagined her. It was also an open casting call for Luna, it's amazing how Evanna Lynch was discovered out of 1000s of girls.

EDIT: I can't believe how lucky she must feel too lol. I would do anything to try out for a role in Harry Potter. XD
just as how I imagined too,

I'd love to be in Harry Potter too! I have an English/brown cousin, if I was born there we could have tried out for the Patil twins lmao so what character's would you see yourself being casted as?
Old 07-10-2009 at 11:46 PM   #43
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

I agree, the Ginny and Harry relationship was completely out of nowhere. Such a major character relationship should've been at least somewhat foreshadowed but it simply wasn't. It was out of nowhere, hey I like this girl that I've seen for so long but SUDDENLY had feelings toward. LOL I don't know. That sudden relationship made me lose hope in the series forever. Although I still love it as a whole LOL that just really bugged me :(

Oh and I'm definetely seeing the movie, just maybe a week later, since the lines are going to be insane!
- Moulton Hall
Old 07-10-2009 at 11:52 PM   #44
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Quote:
I'd love to be in Harry Potter too! I have an English/brown cousin, if I was born there we could have tried out for the Patil twins lmao so what character's would you see yourself being casted as?
Omg I would totally be Tonks! I was born for that role. From the pink hair (which I have) down to the silly/outgoing attitude. Even the way she dresses in the movie, I love it.

Quote:
It was out of nowhere, hey I like this girl that I've seen for so long but SUDDENLY had feelings toward
Ya, that's exactly it. At least Ginny liked Harry from the beginning but Harry showed no interest in her whatsoever until she became a "woman". It seemed like Harry was desperate for the first woman he could get to, and Ginny just so happened to be easily accessible.
Old 07-11-2009 at 12:20 AM   #45
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
but Harry showed no interest in her whatsoever until she became a "woman".
How is this different from reality?

That being said, the actress who plays Ginny is hawt.

Infinity likes this.