MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Potter Fan Commits Suicide After Learning Movie Spoilers!!!! ferreinm General Discussion 43 07-15-2009 06:38 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince lorend General Discussion 36 11-22-2008 04:19 PM

Harry Potter!!

Old 07-15-2009 at 06:35 PM   #61
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Completely agree with you again! I really wish other people would see it that way but sadly, it seems like people need a University education to see things from a perspective like that. Some of my friends outside of school really don't get it that the movie can't be perfect the way they expect it to be and should be happy that they're making the movies at all. O.o

I also like PoA! I just loved the way Cuaron filmed it. It was so dark and mysterious.
Old 07-15-2009 at 06:42 PM   #62
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

I love the books too but I love them for being books and I like the films for being films. I wish every person whining and posting lists of things they hated in the film on the internet did too.
Old 07-23-2009 at 02:19 PM   #63
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Cool Twitter f'n: www.harrypottertweet. com

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-23-2009 at 02:26 PM   #64
jachill
Vampire Slayer

ooo tried the HP twitter thing. I sent my friend instant darkness powder. wee lol
Old 07-23-2009 at 02:40 PM   #65
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

Just saw the movie last night. Wow.. beautiful. So many of the scenes looked like paintings. But the Ginny and Harry relationship still bugs me to no end and it sucks how they took out so much stuff from the book. Basically rendering the "Half Blood Prince" as something completely meaningless in the movie. I was also a bit dissapointed on how they completely skipped the wand battle after Dumbledore's death, but all-in-all a great movie! GO SEE IT NOW!!!!!
- Moulton Hall
Old 07-23-2009 at 02:44 PM   #66
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I for one, did not like the movie. It's hard for me to watch a Harry Potter movie and not just see more of the same.
Old 07-27-2009 at 05:51 AM   #67
frhnh

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
How is this different from reality?

That being said, the actress who plays Ginny is hawt.
As a HUGE HUGE Ginny fan even from Philosophers Stone I was soooooo dissapointed with Bonnie Wright's potrayal of Ginny in this movie. She was so.. robotic! Seriously, the shoelace tying scene was like harry was being attacked by a robot maid or something. I hate that they made her character so mousy and .. domestic. Ginny is far from that in the books. People already hate her character for being marysue-ish but now they managed to screw up her movie character too.

However the movie was pretty funny. Who else was doubling over with laughter at the Harry + Felix Felicis scenes?
Old 07-27-2009 at 09:51 AM   #68
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Yesss, that was the term I was looking for. Ginny is somewhat a Mary-sue.

I was laughing so hard when Harry was like stoned on the Felix Felicis. lmao The pincers and when Slughorn says "Harry!" and he's like "Sir!"
Old 07-27-2009 at 11:05 AM   #69
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

YES! I loved that clip. Brilliant.
And when he started making those clicking sounds? That was great.
I loved the movie.
I had an innate feeling that it was different from the 6th book despite not having read it in several years or maybe I was forewarned because of this review I'd heard.
That being said, I think it was doing really well.
I forgot about Ginny. I really didn't like the shoelace scene. He's a competent lad, he can tie his own laces. It made her come across as subservient and was just very very awkward. I couldn't wait for it to end. It felt like walking in on two people in the act.
I really enjoyed the portrayal of the Rormione fiasco. I felt Emma Watson was really believable and her emotion was real. She didn't get too catty, which was nice but she wasn't too mournful either. I feel that the scene with Harry and her sitting on the stairs was a very poignant shot, and you could feel the hurt and the pain and that reality made the movie spectacular.

I was quite lost with respect to the Half Blood Prince, having forgotten who it was and I think quite a bit was left out to detract from the significance of introducing this new element. However, being fair, I think that the directors and writers have excluded a lot of important detail in several other movies - perhaps because the specifics are too complex to portray in film.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-27-2009 at 11:14 AM   #70
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Ughh the shoelace scene literally made me cringe. >.< That was just awkward.

Emma Watson's acting really improved in this one, I too loved the scene where she and Harry sat together on the stairs. Some of the emotions conveyed in the movie were really well done. Draco being distraught over his task and Hermoine's pain and jealousy. However, I did expect a bit more from Dumbledore during the Cave scene, in the book I could really feel his horror towards what he was seeing but I may have to rewatch the movie.

Maybe they should've called this film "Harry Potter and the Love Triangle" lol. Ya, there really wasn't much of the film dedicated towards the HBP. I don't really care that much though because if I wanted all the details to be covered (like you said goodnews, they have been left out of many of the other movies) then I'll read the books.

I'm looking forward to the two parts of Deathly Hallows though, they'll be sure to include as many details as possible.