MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Potter!! Infinity General Discussion 68 07-27-2009 11:14 AM
Harry Potter Fan Commits Suicide After Learning Movie Spoilers!!!! ferreinm General Discussion 43 07-15-2009 06:38 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince lorend General Discussion 36 11-22-2008 04:19 PM

Harry Potter & the D.H.

Old 11-12-2010 at 04:54 PM   #31
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Haven't really liked Potter much since he got those major anger management problems around book 5...

But I'll still probably see it eventually.
Old 11-12-2010 at 07:04 PM   #32
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragon View Post
Haven't really liked Potter much since he got those major anger management problems around book 5...

But I'll still probably see it eventually.
put yourself in his shoes.... you'd be pretty angry to.

blue15, SilentWalker like this.
Old 11-12-2010 at 07:11 PM   #33
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
Does anyone know if they have Harry Potter movies in 1080p on DC++
POTC in 1080p >>>>>>> HP in 1080p.
Old 11-19-2010 at 11:08 AM   #34
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

OMG OMG OMG so I saw it last night... and it was really good!!! but only if you try not to compare it with the book.
Old 11-21-2010 at 04:04 AM   #35
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Hurrrrrrrrrr

Going to watch it in t=17ish hours

Ancaster

10:30pm
Old 11-21-2010 at 04:55 AM   #36
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

i saw this friday night... it was pretty good compared to the 6th movie... they seem to have put a lot more effort into it and the story line seems to follow the book for most parts... if your a big harry potter fan (even if you didnt like the movies so much) i recommend you go watch this. Can't wait for the final part.
btw emma watson was still soooo hot in this movie!

Scuderia likes this.
Old 11-21-2010 at 09:06 AM   #37
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
i saw this friday night... it was pretty good compared to the 6th movie... they seem to have put a lot more effort into it and the story line seems to follow the book for most parts... if your a big harry potter fan (even if you didnt like the movies so much) i recommend you go watch this. Can't wait for the final part.
btw emma watson was still soooo hot in this movie!
I liked the part where Emma Watson was naked

But seriously, my favourite parts in the movie were when the trio first disapparetd into downtown London and they had that little duel in the cafe. I thought that was done well.
I also really enjoyed the inflitration of the ministry of majic. I thought it was really done well. A bit tense and funny at the same time.

The only thing I truly hate about this movie, and I knew I would before seeing it is how it makes me want to watch the last movie so bad now!
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-21-2010 at 11:23 AM   #38
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakattack View Post
I am not, im one of the few people who never got into the HP craze
Me, too.
high fivee!!!!!

Old 11-21-2010 at 12:33 PM   #39
KYLB0T

Liked: 130 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Me, too.
high fivee!!!!!
Oh yeah, you are great at avoiding book crazes
Old 11-21-2010 at 12:58 PM   #40
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

I loved Harry Potter until they decided to make this last one into two parts so they can steal all your money. Pissed me off so I boycotted them. Until Telus Tuesdays of course
Old 11-21-2010 at 01:13 PM   #41
waldo92

Liked: 104 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
I loved Harry Potter until they decided to make this last one into two parts so they can steal all your money. Pissed me off so I boycotted them. Until Telus Tuesdays of course
i will gladly have my money stolen to watch emma watson...i mean...harry potter...
Old 11-21-2010 at 01:16 PM   #42
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
There's absolutely no way they can make a movie that encompasses the entire seventh book in less than three hours of running time. And if they did, they'd have left out so many important details, however small, that people just won't stop bitching (you're seen it in all the previous movies).

I personally prefer it this way, being split into two movies. As mentioned by the producers:
Quote:
According to Warner Bros. executive Alan F. Horn, it will allow "an extra hour and a half to celebrate what this franchise has been and do justice to all the words and ideas in the amazing story." Heyman described the workings behind the split: "Deathly Hallows is so rich, the story so dense and there is so much that is resolved that, after discussing it with J. K. Rowling, we came to the conclusion that two parts were needed."
Marketing scheme or not, I totally agree with them. Although I hate the year wait, it'd have been worse to know that after I'm finished watching the DH movie this weekend, it's all over.
Old 11-21-2010 at 01:42 PM   #43
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

So I saw the movie a second time.... I must say they skipped a lot of scenes that were really significant in the book... I mean it was a good movie from the perspective of not reading the book but I felt it as lacking. Still go watch it!

As for the make out scene... that was really awkward and weird it was all CG like something out of Beowulf.

Also the film added $205 million in 54 overseas countries, bringing the film's worldwide total to $330.1 million!!!

Can you imagine what part 2 will haul in?!?
Old 11-21-2010 at 05:58 PM   #44
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Saw it when my little sister and mom visited, actually really enjoyed it. Considering I hated the other films and got bored of the books after the third, I'd say its a success.

Too many tent scenes and the ending was kinda abrupt, though.

7.5/10 tho